Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Downloading directly to SD card?

Is there a way to download directly to SD card without rooting? I have done the SD route and sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Plus I still cannot move some of the apps. If a root is necessary, can someone email me the root files? Every forum I have looked on has links to files that my Antivirus deletes. If I turn it off, and run the .exe, nothing still happens.

Posted via the Android Central App
    AvaMichele likes this.
    DUCK!

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Carrier
    LG Optimus F3 JB412 root

Default Re: Downloading directly to SD card?

This annoys me, too. After a few downloads, I use the file manager that comes with the tab4 to copy and paste files onto the external SD. Then I delete them from the Download folder in internal storage. That's the only unrooted workaround I can see that works.
    AvaMichele likes this.

At the risk of appearing incompetent, can you please explain the steps to move applications to the SD card? I am running out of storage space on my device, and have an almost empty SD card.

Quote Originally Posted by AvaMichele View Post
    At the risk of appearing incompetent, can you please explain the steps to move applications to the SD card? I am running out of storage space on my device, and have an almost empty SD card.
    Settings, General, Applications manager, touch the app and a button will appear that says "move to sd card"......if the button is grayed out then that app cannot run from the sd card, it is up to the app developers.
    Also, only a portion of the application will move as some of it must remain in device memory. Also note that there can be a performance hit on some applications as the external sd card will not be as fast as internal memory, but I've not really noticed any difference in most cases myself.

Thank you.

Thank you.