Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Magnetic Case Screen Sensor

Hello,

I just had this conversation with Samsung support and I was a bit surprised by this, especially since MOKO was advertising this feature for this case for this specific model. Do any of you know more about this?

Chat InformationPlease wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
    Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Ruby'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.
    Chat InformationYour Issue ID for this chat is LTK1125601471241X
    Visitor: Hello, I was wondering if my tablet supports the magnetic case screen on/off feature, and if so, how do I enable it?
    Ruby: I'd be elated to assist you in checking the tablet specifications.
    Ruby: To help you better, please provide me with the complete model number so that I can look it up on our system. You can find the model number by tapping on Apps>>Settings>>About device on your tablet.
    Visitor: It is the SM-T230NU
    Ruby: Thank you for model number.
    Ruby: Could you give me a few minutes while I gather the information for you?
    Visitor: sure thign
    Ruby: Thank you.
    Ruby: I appreciate your time and patience.
    Ruby: I see that the magnetic case screen feature for your tablet is not enabled.
    Visitor: so it's there but not turned on?
    Ruby: I am afraid; this feature is not available for Kit kat android version tablets(latest tablets).
    Visitor: huh.... weird. When they update to 4.4.3 will they be fixing that?
    Ruby: I am afraid; as of now we do not have any information about fixing this on new update; however, I'll pass what you've said onto our management team. So that they may can make it available on the new update.

Default Re: Magnetic Case Screen Sensor

Welcome to Android Central! That is weird. So your Tab 4 doesn't work with smartcovers? Have you tested it out yourself?