Stuck APKs

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
(xposted and slightly edited from Android Forums)

I recently uninstalled Adobe Reader and ESPNradio. The apps still show up in the downloaded section of apps that are installed. Any way to remove them?

Screenshot_2014-12-23-16-50-11.png

I read in some posts in other places that going to /data/local would help me in removing them. My Tab 4 isn't rooted, so that wouldn't work for me. I've tried clearing the cache through SD Maid, and stock recovery. Neither method works. Clearing Google Play doesn't work at all. I've reported the issue to Samsung support. I think it may be a bug with the latest Tab 4 update. The kernel for that is dated Nov 24. This is unacceptable, as any app that is uninstalled will have its APK left behind in internal memory. I didn't have a problem uninstalling and reinstalling Republique, however. That is a 1+ GB download from the Play Store.

TIA for any help!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Go to system settings > applications > sort by all. Do you see those apps in that list? If so, click on the app (ESPN Radio for example) and uninstall/delete data from that menu.

Also, try a reboot and see if that clears it out. Let us know if you are able to resolve this issue.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I just tried your suggestions, srkmagnus. None of them worked. This really has to be a bug of some sort. I've got all the OTA updates from Samsung on my Tab 4 nook 7 inch. This bug never happened before the latest update. I could remove them if I had root access, but the Tab 4 works so well for me without rooting. Ugh... I might have to factory reset the device. Not something I want to do while I'm on vacation! I'll wait for a reply from Samsung, and see what their response is.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I mentioned this a while back in android forums when I discovered the solution: It was because of guest mode being turned on. Once I turned that off, I was able to remove the apks that were left behind. So that is the takeaway, turn off guest mode temporarily if apps must be uninstalled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae