Why am I unable to record videos using the rear camera?

NightTrauma

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Rear Camera video problems

I just recently got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 and I've found that I can't record video using the rear camera while using Snapchat or Instagram. Snapchat gives a vague "video recording failed" error. Instagram doesn't even give me that. It just doesn't record. The stock camera app records video fine.

I have tried
  • Clearing the cache on both apps
  • Reinstalling the apps
  • Lowering the video quality
  • Formatting both my phone and SD card
  • Trying without my SD card
  • Hard reset

Nothing worked. I guess I should have known better. Almost every samsung device I've ever owned has has some sort of issue with at least one of the cameras. Thank you for any help you can provide!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Rear Camera video problems

I just recently got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 and I've found that I can't record video using the rear camera while using Snapchat or Instagram. Snapchat gives a vague "video recording failed" error. Instagram doesn't even give me that. It just doesn't record. The stock camera app records video fine.

I have tried
  • Clearing the cache on both apps
  • Reinstalling the apps
  • Lowering the video quality
  • Formatting both my phone and SD card
  • Trying without my SD card
  • Hard reset

Nothing worked. I guess I should have known better. Almost every samsung device I've ever owned has has some sort of issue with at least one of the cameras. Thank you for any help you can provide!
Welcome to Android Central!

I'm not sure why you can't record with the rear camera even after a factory reset. Try clearing cache for the camera (system settings > applications > sort by all > camera). The reset would have taken care of this...but it's worth a shot to still do it and see if that helps.

If it doesn't work then I would suggest exchanging the device or sending it in for repair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12