Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 stuck on boot screen, refuses to hard reset. What should I do?

Rong See

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 stuck on boot screen, refuses to hard reset

Last night I was using my tablet, when suddenly all apps crashed and it restarted itself. Last thing it said was that it has low memory. It has been stuck on the boot screen (with the Samsung logo animation) for the last 20 hours or so. I have tried to press down on the power button for a minute, but it does nothing, neither does power button + home button or power +volume up. First time that I use the power + volume down for half a minute, it did nothing, but this time, it did restart, and get stuck at boot again.

I tried plugging it onto my PC with a USB cable, and it does not detect the tablet at all. I am thinking of doing a battery pull but wasn't able to pull off the back cover. Should I just give up and contact Samsung for a replacement? The problem is that I bought the tablet in Singapore, and I am currently living in the UK and can't leave the country for the next 5 years. Is there an international number where I can call to ask for a replacement, or even better, is there a way to give it a hard reset? Thanks!
Update: Looks like I ruined it by holding down the power + volume up + home key. It won't start up again.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 stuck on boot screen, refuses to hard reset

First try charging it for 24 hours, using the charger that came with it, not the USB port on a computer.

Rong See

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone, thanks for your help! I have been able to get into recovery mode and wipe all data and the tab is as good as new now. The reason the device crashed was because there was no memory left. I suspect either Samsung had a big update and it ate up all my leftover memory or there was malware (which I hope not). Anyway, a big thank you to everyone!

Nicholas Geisler

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Finally after 2 days i was able to get the tablet un bricked and back to working condition.. If anyone is having a issue with Mac Kies3 Do not use it. Need to have windows, Not a VM because that has a issue as well with Kies and Odin. Had to break out a windows XP laptop to do the recovery..
So no VM's and No Mac's..

mtrae

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
HI im having a problem with my Samsung Tab 4 (SM-T231) i dont know what i was doing on it but all of a sudden it rebooted and has been stuck on the samsung logo for 48hrs ..ive tried rebooting it again but it still gets stuck on the samsung logo..please tell me you can try and help me..thanks

fukuzawa4839

May 12, 2016
Visit site
i just tried to install coustom rom.even before i start when i went in recovery mode. i just got stuck . pls help me you u can.its been about a week its stucked.

wgs84

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
You guys can try using Samsung Kies (official software, find it on the Samsung support website) to restore your tablet. It's what I used when I accidentally jacked it up with CWM. The OS refused to load, so I used Samsung Kies to reload the official factory OS back onto the device and it's back to its official status.

L_Spilker

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 stuck on boot screen, refuses to hard reset

Hi, I had rooted my Tab 4 with no issues but removed it so my son could use some apps and games that did not function well with root. I tried re-rooting tonight and all seemed well except that it won't boot, instead it goes directly into twrp recovery mode. Any ideas or advice appreciated. And my pc does not detect the tablet while in recovery mode to salvage my pictures. Thank You.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2