Galaxy Tab 4's capability question

CurtisGamer

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I am planning to purchase a Galaxy Tab 4 7" from my local Best Buy sometime this week. But before I make a final decision, there are several question that I wanted to ask that relates to this product.

• How good is the product?
  • Does it have Google Play?
  • Would I be able to upgrade to Lollipop?

I looked at the BestBuy.com User reviews and 65% of them gave this one a 5 star. However, there are a very few negative ones where they complained about the poor Wifi connection signal. Previously, I have bought and owned two previous tablets, both of whom were budget tailored and believed to be manufactured from China. The latter one, the HiSense Sero 7 bought from Walmart two years ago, lasted barely only a few months before the system keeps freezing and then shutting itself off after only a few minutes of usage. Now today, it won't turn on at all, and if I do turn it on, it only made it to the "HiSense Smart" logo, and then turns itself off. Afterwards, I will never, ever buy any cheaply made Android tablets made by an unknown manufacturer ever again. That is the lesson learned when it comes to these products, they become defective after only a few months of usage, even if I use it sparingly.

Hopefully, I won't make this mistake again.

Gryphon SK

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
I bought mine from Best Buy several months ago. Best Tablet I've ever had. Yes, has Google Play, and Samsung Play as well. Fast, reliable, powerful, and the battery life is awesome. One thing.. get an SD card to go with it. You can move apps to that to save your space without having to root it. I've had no problems with the WiFi on mine. And, the Lollipop update should come within the next month or two, according to Samsung. The LTE versions are already getting it.

CurtisGamer

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I was also looking at the Lenovo Tab 2 A8 which is sold at Best Buy. It comes with Lollipop installed. The Lenovo is on sale and it costs like slightly less than the Galaxy Tab. I was planning to save some money and go for the Lenovo but according to the reviews over at CNET, the disadvantages for the model is that is the resolution display. So the question is should I go for Lenovo or just get the Samsung? Will it have the same features as the Samsung too?

Gryphon SK

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Funny you should ask. I had a Lenovo before my Galaxy. I hated it. It was slow and the picture was terrible. I actually traded it for store credit towards my Galaxy ;)