During and after hotspot use, browsers throw blank pages for some sites and Pandora freezes

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
This started out of the blue yesterday. So far, these are the sites: ABC News (mobile or desktop), NBC.com (mobile or desktop), CBS (mobile or desktop). Other sites, like Walmart.com, load. The sites that won't load are not offline, as I'm able to load them on my laptop and Galaxy S4. There is never an error message, just a blank page that never finishes loading.

This happens in Dolphin, Mercury and Opera browsers, indicating to me that this must be some problem with the OS itself, rather than an individual browser.

I've already rebooted and done a factory data reset, which helped for a few hours, but now the problem is back and as you can likely imagine, I've no wish to FDR every day. I also disabled web surfing protection in my Avira for Android, thinking that might have been the culprit. Obviously not.

I've read that browsers throwing up blank pages on active sites has been a known problem in Android. One suggested solution was to edit my APN and rename it from VZWINTERNET to just plain INTERNET, but all this did was remove my arrows and gray out my 4G icon, so I changed it back.

I'm rather flummoxed by this because everything else functions smoothly on my tab. I'm able to go to most other websites, just none of the ones I mentioned. I receive email, IMs, push notifications. All apps are able to use the Net, except for Pandora, which will freeze up.

I've noticed that this happens mostly when it's in Hotspot mode. Does sharing the bandwidth cost so much that the device is rendered unable to load sites while hotspotting for another device's access?

I'm about a step shy of reflashing the whole thing with Odin.

Can anyone elucidate?

Thank you.

Last edited:

asherking

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
This started out of the blue yesterday. So far, these are the sites: ABC News (mobile or desktop), NBC.com (mobile or desktop), CBS (mobile or desktop). Other sites, like Walmart.com, load. The sites that won't load are not offline, as I'm able to load them on my laptop and Galaxy S4. There is never an error message, just a blank page that never finishes loading.

This happens in Dolphin, Mercury and Opera browsers, indicating to me that this must be some problem with the OS itself, rather than an individual browser.

I've already rebooted and done a factory data reset, which helped for a few hours, but now the problem is back and as you can likely imagine, I've no wish to FDR every day. I also disabled web surfing protection in my Avira for Android, thinking that might have been the culprit. Obviously not.

I've read that browsers throwing up blank pages on active sites has been a known problem in Android. One suggested solution was to edit my APN and rename it from VZWINTERNET to just plain INTERNET, but all this did was remove my arrows and gray out my 4G icon, so I changed it back.

I'm rather flummoxed by this because everything else functions smoothly on my tab. I'm able to go to most other websites, just none of the ones I mentioned. I receive email, IMs, push notifications. All apps are able to use the Net, except for Pandora, which will freeze up.

I've noticed that this happens mostly when it's in Hotspot mode. Does sharing the bandwidth cost so much that the device is rendered unable to load sites while hotspotting for another device's access?

I'm about a step shy of reflashing the whole thing with Odin.

Can anyone elucidate?

Thank you.

You can seek the help from the support team via email it to support@Dolphin.com. You will get a warm and useful assistance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34