Galaxy Tab4 8.0: How To Quiet Amber Alerts

Dick1030

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Last night, my Tab 4 8.0 set off a very loud alarm at 2:30 AM for an Amber Alert, waking my wife and myself. I am quite aware of the importance of these alerts and I do get them on my iPhone but they really are not very helpful on my Wi-Fi tablet in the middle of the night.

Is there a way to disable the audio notification of these alerts? I did try a search but couldn't find an answer nor could I find anything in my settings.

Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
In the Messaging (not Messages) app:

Menu/Settings/More/Emergency message settings. The only ones you can't turn off are Presidential alerts (I assume you'd want to know if the US is being attacked by another nation - at least so you could find your cyanide pills).

Dick1030

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate the response but messaging sounds more like a cell phone than a tablet. Where I have a tablet with Wi-Fi and no 3G or other phone type connectivity I have no messaging capabilities and no way, therefore, to shutdown Amber Alerts through messaging, unless I am somehow missing something here.

BlackDragon22

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I appreciate the response but messaging sounds more like a cell phone than a tablet. Where I have a tablet with Wi-Fi and no 3G or other phone type connectivity I have no messaging capabilities and no way, therefore, to shutdown Amber Alerts through messaging, unless I am somehow missing something here.

In your app drawer (icon with little squares inside), is there an app called Emergency Alerts? If there is, click it and you should be able to uncheck amber alerts

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance