Upgrade to Lollipop?

RockPaperBFG

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 supposed to be upgraded to Lollipop? I have an AT&T model that I just picked up and I was told that the upgrade was already out, but I haven't been able to find any info other than people loading custom roms.

Eneroth

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Okay I just got one of these as well and I see that the Android Version is 4.4.2. I know this is old because my Android Version my galaxy S6 is 5.0.2.

I want to be able to upgrade it to the version I have on my phone or close to it, so I can do things like watch Amazon Prime on the tablet. Mind you I can do it on my phone, but I want to be able to do it on the tablet as well.

Is there a way to upgrade the Android OS to a newer version? Or is it simply not out yet for this device and one will be coming shortly?

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
To find if there is a system update for your Tab 4 8.0. (I have a Tab 4 10.1 and I have udated to lollipop 5.0.1)

1. Go to Settings,
2. General (heading)
3. About Device
4. Software Updates
5. Update now

Posted via the Android Central App

Eneroth

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
To find if there is a system update for your Tab 4 8.0. (I have a Tab 4 10.1 and I have udated to lollipop 5.0.1)

1. Go to Settings,
2. General (heading)
3. About Device
4. Software Updates
5. Update now

Thank you for the information, seems that the 4.8 still has no update. I am checking every couple of days hoping to see the upgrade message pop up.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping mine would get it, im on verizon. My droid turbo just went 4.4.4 to 5.1, disnt have any issues, other than a few changes i just dont care for.

I really dont care if my tab4 goes to lollipop soon, now that ive seen it, its not as big a deal as people were hoping it would be.

My tab4 on verizon has been great, and i think ive found that the 8 inch screen is the sweet spot for me lol