Lollipop is here

Kelly L

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I received my update for lollipop 5.1.1 on my Tab and it seems like it is working well. It runs smoothly and has a few new options too. Hopefully everyone experiences the same!

Posted via the Android Central App

LeSaint

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Got it on monday, a week after my original post. Works well, had a couple of issues with previous version that seem to be fixed now.
The only problem is if I want only a couple of applications to hide sensitive content on the lock screen notifications, it doesn't seem to work.

blastncast

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I went through the process multiple times and after getting the same error " unsuccessful" I went through Kies on my PC and got it completed that way. Fast and no issues.

soxfan5

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
The downloaded update keeps failing, and Kies doesn't even show that an update is available. What else can I do?

3db

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Do not upgrade to lollipop if you want to retain IR blaster capability that was previously available in Kitkat.

I have worked closely with Color Tiger, producers of "Smart Remote" that worked flawlessly with Kitkat. I was so impressed with their product that I became a beta tester. I recently upgraded to lollipop and have now lost IR blaster capability. None of my electronics respond anymore. I reinstalled the application and am now getting error messages stating that there is no IR blaster capability. ColorTiger has informed me that they have 14 other users with identical tablets to myself and they suddenly lost IR capability. I also installed a free version of another IR remote and it to couldn't find IR blaster capability either.

I called Samsung and they are washing their hands of the problem redirecting me to Google instead. However, they are unable to give me a contact number or email in which I can contact. Does anyone have a contact link to Google's Android to report issues like this.

Last edited:

blastncast

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Soxfan5 - If your phone is showing the update I can't think of why this would not be displayed on Kies, have you used Kies before to move files or music?

soxfan5

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
No, I've never used Kies before. When the update failed it said I should try Kies, so I downloaded it to give it a shot. It recognizes that the tablet is connected, but it doesn't show any updates available.

soxfan5

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
With the tablet connected and Kies 3 running, the info in Kies doesn't change when I check for a software update; it says "Current firmware version: PDA:NK1/CSC:NK1 (XAR)" and on the tablet it says the latest updates have already been installed. Now it doesn't even find the update if I check over wi-fi.

blastncast

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Best bet at this point would be to go to the Samsung download center to get the update, Download Center: Download Software, Firmware, Drivers & Manuals | Samsung
A chat will open and they should be able to help you force the update from there. Other than that you will need to wait for the update to appear on your tab again and then go through Kies to update. You could always find the download file and flash it but I would suggest doing it the proper way if you are not comfortable doing it yourself.

colecoyates

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
With the tablet connected and Kies 3 running, the info in Kies doesn't change when I check for a software update; it says "Current firmware version: PDA:NK1/CSC:NK1 (XAR)" and on the tablet it says the latest updates have already been installed. Now it doesn't even find the update if I check over wi-fi.

I had the same problem. It is a software issue. I went to the Samsung Experience Center in Best Buy and the uploaded the update to the tablet free of charge. You do that and you are good.

cre8tivspirit

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Any word on when the update will be available for AT&T LTE/WiFi tablets? I can't imagine it taking too much time to get that version ready.

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Got mine two days ago. All's good so far, although the lock screen number pad is a bit on the small side.

Sent from my SM-T337V using Tapatalk

cbralston

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Sorry I did not see this post before upgrading. I too have lost the IR blaster functionality. I have tried several apps - nothing works for my Galaxy Tab 4. All seem to work on my Note 3, which was upgraded as well. Samsung offered no solution. If anyone can help - I'm open to suggestions, including some way to roll-back the Android version. Lollipop make me sad :(

cbralston

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Do not upgrade to lollipop if you want to retain IR blaster capability that was previously available in Kitkat.

I have worked closely with Color Tiger, producers of "Smart Remote" that worked flawlessly with Kitkat. I was so impressed with their product that I became a beta tester. I recently upgraded to lollipop and have now lost IR blaster capability. None of my electronics respond anymore. I reinstalled the application and am now getting error messages stating that there is no IR blaster capability. ColorTiger has informed me that they have 14 other users with identical tablets to myself and they suddenly lost IR capability. I also installed a free version of another IR remote and it to couldn't find IR blaster capability either.

I called Samsung and they are washing their hands of the problem redirecting me to Google instead. However, they are unable to give me a contact number or email in which I can contact. Does anyone have a contact link to Google's Android to report issues like this.

Sorry I did not see this post before upgrading. I too have lost the IR blaster functionality. I have tried several apps - nothing works for my Galaxy Tab 4. All seem to work on my Note 3, which was upgraded as well. Samsung offered no solution. If anyone can help - I'm open to suggestions, including some way to roll-back the Android version. Lollipop make me sad

crenfro

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lollipop is here IR blaster problem

I too wish I had seen the info concerning the IR blaster. Is there a way to revert back to the previous OS? Samsung customer service chat was basically useless.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz