My tablet's unlocking animation changed suddenly, how can I get it to change back?

A

AC Question

Just got a Galaxy Tab4. Very new to the OS.
I have installed less than 10 apps in the 2 weeks I've had it.
Today, out of nowhere, the unlock animation changed.
(Yes, I'm aware of the different unlocking styles/gestures/passwords, and no that's not what I'm referring to)
When the tab was new, the animation was like a lot of tiny little bubbles. Now, a lock icon in a circle appears.
I have no idea why it changed, but I find that annoying since I preferred the other aesthetic. I've tried looking through the settings, but things are frustratingly different from my (also new) phone, the Galaxy S5 Active.
Any ideas what happened and/or how to change it back?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Tablet's unlocking animation changed suddenly

Welcome to Android Central! This tiny bubble animation that you're describing--was it a live wallpaper that appeared on your lockscreen, or did your swiping to unlock trigger the bubbles to appear?

Your screen lock method is Swipe to Unlock, correct?

Blarrson

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

No, it's not a live wallpaper. I'm using the pattern unlock method, but it only re-locks after 10 minutes. I assume the interim state is basically the same as swipe-to-unlock though.
so on my tab, after I unlock with the pattern but then hit the power button, if I press it again I don't have to use the pattern.
Anyway, on my phone I still get the little circles that follow my swipe. But the tablet now just has a lock in a circle and it didn't do that when I first got it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Any system updates recently to the Tab 4? Any 3rd party lockscreen apps installed?

Blarrson

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

None at all. The change seemed very abrupt. It may have been the first time I fully powered down the device, but I certainly wasn't updating or downloading a single thing.
And my phone still has the same, original, desired effect.
I know it's trivial, but I find it a little frustrating, ya know?
I had iOS once, and I hated how it changed things without my consent.
This device is so new, and I've done so little to it, I'm baffled how/why this seemingly small thing has changed.
Especially because I was sold on Droid as being so customizable.
Yet I can't figure out how to fix a change I never intentionally made...
I really appreciate the help, btw. And I hope I'm providing adequate information.
I know it's trivial, but I paid good money for this. And I can't tolerate a device that would just change without my consent.

Blarrson

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

The first is the weird lock circle that suddenly appeared on the tab. The second is my phone, which is how the tab used to be.

Posted via the Android Central App

EDIT: hah, they displayed opposite of how I uploaded them, but I'm sure you get the picture lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-17-09-35-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-17-09-35-47.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_2015-03-17-09-37-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-17-09-37-20.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member