[ROM][alpha] Victorious -- VM Stock 4.1.2 Deodexed & Optimized
Introducing Victorious ROM! A deodexed and optimized version of the stock 4.1.2 update
for the Galaxy Victory Virgin Mobile (rooted only). Note - This is NOT FOR SPRINT!!! note- benchmark achieved with RedSpot Uncapped Kernel by JupiterOne WARNING!!! Installing custom ROMs on your phone could brick it, rendering it non-functional, and voiding your warranty!
I take no responsibility for what you do to your phone!
You have been WARNED!!!
What's different about Victorious ROM compared to stock?
- Deodexed (slower first boot, but faster from then on)
- Removed most bloatware (Samsung, Sprint, and Google apps, live wallpapers, etc)
- Tweaks to the build.prop (taken from around the internet)
- Disabled bootanimations (faster boot time)
What's planned in the future?
- Adding built in support for moving apps to sdcard
- Adding support for init.d scripts
- Adding support for custom bootanimations
- Adding option to move dalvik-cache to data partition
- Add theme options (battery mods etc)
How to install Victorious ROM?
- Warning --- DO NOT FLASH ON SPRINT PHONES AT THIS TIME!!!
- First, you and have recovery installed ( has been used successfully by others, but I haven't tested it)
- I highly recommend backing up your apps with Titanium Backup!
- , and place on your sdcard
- Boot into recovery by turning off your phone, then holding Volume-Up and Power at the same time till it starts booting
- I highly recommend you do a backup now, seriously!!!
- Wipe cache, then under advanced wipe dalvik-cache
- Install zip from sdcard (you may have to choose external sdcard)
- Back at the main menu, Reboot System
- It takes a long time to boot the first time after flashing, be patient!
- Optional - Install , it's awesome!
- Enjoy your slimmed down and optimized Victory!
Download files and links:
- MD5 - 5ab8463c3b969721d0d15792211d500f
- (thanks g60madman, and of course Koush!)
- (thanks TheBritton!)
- (thanks JupiterOne!)
- (thanks, made deodexing and zipalign a breeze!)
Huge thanks to g60madman, JupiterOne, TheBritton, Koush, and a whole lot more!