1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Victory - Group SMS / Texting / Messaging Issue

Thanks in advance for your help with this. The guys at the retail store were no help.

My previous Samsung Droid Charge had no problem with viewing received group texts / messages in a single thread. I was using GoSMS Pro.

I just got a new Samsung Galaxy Victory running 4.1.2 and no matter what I do, I can't view my group messages in a single thread. I have to go back and forth to individual messages and try and keep up. I've tried GoSMS Pro, the native messaging app and another 3rd party app, but nothing works.

Does anyone know what settings to change (and how) or what else can be done to correct this problem?

Thanks again!

Default Re: Galaxy Victory - Group SMS / Texting / Messaging Issue

I hope someone answers this because I have the same issue. Plus, I can't even tell when it's a group text! I get surprised when I answer a text, then someone else answers it too! That's how I find out it was a group text. I have no idea if my replies even go to all of the people, or just the original texter. So I must be extremely careful what I say when I answer text messages, because I never know who it's going to. My son can't even receive group texts on his Samsung phone, it's not even a galaxy.

I'm also trying to resolve this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

The issue I have with my phone or GoSMS (can't tell which is the cause) is that I send an MMS and it takes pretty much 3 weeks for it to make it to my recipient. I was trying to recieve a picture from an Iphone and she sent it twice and I never got it. Another person sent me a picture from a Heuwei (sp?) Ascend and I can't get that to download. I get the message that I received something and how big it is and when it expires and all but it fails downloading. I really wanted these pictures and GoSMS seems to not say whether or not it is their issue or my phone's.

ROM
    Backside... MiRaGe

3rd party messaging apps don't play well with the Victory at times. Have you tried the stock app to see if things work. I used to use handcent before I got the Victory but had so many mms issue with it on the Victory I just stuck with stock app

Sent from my HTC0P4E1 using Tapatalk

With a root file browser Go into system/csc/features.xml open with text editor, scroll down to *enable group message* and change false to true and save changes. Should be all good..
    Last edited by madbat; 02-24-2014 at 06:51 PM.