Guide: How to Manually update the PRL
After not finding any directions on how to do this, I figured I would post a guide to help others. I wanted my phone to pick up the new 800SMR 1X Network Vision signal in my area. The phone updated with a PRL that didn't include that spectrum as an available option. I was able to find a .prl file on S4GRU that includes the 800SMR.
1. Call Sprint Tech Support and ask for your MSL. 888-211-4727. All I did is say that the store instructed me to get the MSL for future troubleshooting, and they handed it right over no questions asked.
2. Download CDMA workshop DEMO. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
3. Download and install the latest Samsung drivers to your PC. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
4. From the dialer on the phone press ##DIAG#. Select CDMA Modem radio button, and then select the Qualcomm USB Setting. Select the RMNET + DM + MODEM radio button. Press OK.
5. Plug the phone into the computer. Launch CDMA workshop.
6. Go into the Windows Device Manager. You should see 'SAMSUNG Mobile USB Serial Port (COM X)' under 'Ports'.
7. In CDMA workshop select the Com Port listed in the device manager, then check the box to the right of the 'USB' Drop down and enter your MSL number there.
8. Click Connect, then Read. Your phone info should populate.
9. Click File, then options. On the PRLs favorite folders section select the folder your PRL is located in. Click OK.
10. Go to the 'Other' tab within CDMA Workshop. Under PRL click the arrow next to 'write'. Select your PRL. This should upload the file to your phone.
11. Disconnect your phone. Change your phone settings back to PDA and MTP +ADB in the ##DIAG# section of your phone.
12. Reboot your phone.
13. Updated PRL complete! Check the PRL version in Settings -> About Device -> Status.
Re: Guide: How to Manually update the PRL
Thanks for sharing. Hopefully, this will help somebody at some point.