1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Victory / Virgin Mobile Essentials question

I'm posting here on behalf of MY VERY low tech brother, who just updated his 13 year old cell for a virgin mobile galaxy victory.

had it one day, and it did some auto update and installed Virgin Essentials, and just totally undid all the home screen setup I spent an hour waking him thru.

is there an easy way to undo this and make sure it does not do it again?

tia
    Diane
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

Default Re: Victory / Virgin Mobile Essentials question

From reading this thread (), it sounds like Virgin Mobile Essentials is an alternate launcher. If that's the case, you should be able to go back to TouchWiz by going to Settings>Apps>All, select Launcher, then tap Clear Defaults. Now press the Home button, and when it asks you what app you want to execute whenever the Home button is pressed, select TouchWiz, and choose the option to use it as default. My guess is that his previous setup on TouchWiz will still be remembered.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ya tried that but do not see "Launcher" in the (All) apps list. what it be called other then Launcher?
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

Maybe "Homescreen"? The other thing to do is to go to Settings>Apps, tap the Menu button, and tap "Clear all defaults."