Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By STARGATE
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Galaxy Victory: Emergency Help!!!!

    I tried restoring my twrp backup on my phone, and now it won't boot. I get the Samsung logo and then the screen turns off. If I try to boot into TWRP I either get a battery image, or when it starts, I can't use the touchscreen. This is a very big deal. I am hoping someone out there can help me resolve this tonight.
  2. #2  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    6,057 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,386 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: Emergency Help!!!!

    Welcome to the forums tenchu. The guys are already trying to get you some help. Hang tight.

    Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  3. #3  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,715 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,155 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Emergency Help!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by tenchu98 View Post
    I tried restoring my twrp backup on my phone, and now it won't boot. I get the Samsung logo and then the screen turns off. If I try to boot into TWRP I either get a battery image, or when it starts, I can't use the touchscreen. This is a very big deal. I am hoping someone out there can help me resolve this tonight.
    If the battery is removable, try doing so for about 15 or 20 minutes.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Emergency Help!!!!

    I appreciate any help you can give. I am currently trying to download the stock boot.tar and recovery.tar to at least get back to booting up.

    I will give that a try.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Emergency Help!!!!

    OK, so update.

    I can get into twrp everytime now, but still no touchscreen response.

    I get stuck at the Samsung logo now, and it doesn't restart. I think I need the stock rom in an odin tar file at this point, at least to get the phone usable again.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Emergency Help!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    If the battery is removable, try doing so for about 15 or 20 minutes.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Tried this, but so far I still can't get touchscreen to work in twrp and get stuck at the Samsung logo.
  7. #7  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,715 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,155 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Emergency Help!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by tenchu98 View Post
    OK, so update.

    I can get into twrp everytime now, but still no touchscreen response.

    I get stuck at the Samsung logo now, and it doesn't restart. I think I need the stock rom in an odin tar file at this point, at least to get the phone usable again.
    Probably. Have you looked for them yet?

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Emergency Help!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Probably. Have you looked for them yet?

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
    Only stock tar I have been able to find is for sprint, and it says 6 hrs to download from their servers.

    I found an md5 backup that says 2 1/2 hrs to download. I am starting to have a very tiny glimmer of hope, but still can't get twrp to respond to touchscreen.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Emergency Help!!!!

    Guess I will have to wait for one of the downloads and hope for the best.

    Any thoughts about updating the twrp version from the ported version?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Emergency Help!!!!

    Well, I did something that is considered stupid for this device, but it just might save me.

    I installed CWM 6 and am now trying to install a custom rom to get back up and running. I had to install it 3 times to get it to load, so here's hoping that the install doesn't freeze.


    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Decided to install cataclysm, since it rebuilds the entire system partition.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That was a bust, reboot to Samsung logo, then phone reboots into recovery.
  11. #11  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,715 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,155 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Emergency Help!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by tenchu98 View Post
    Well, I did something that is considered stupid for this device, but it just might save me.

    I installed CWM 6 and am now trying to install a custom rom to get back up and running. I had to install it 3 times to get it to load, so here's hoping that the install doesn't freeze.


    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Decided to install cataclysm, since it rebuilds the entire system partition.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That was a bust, reboot to Samsung logo, then phone reboots into recovery.
    Sorry I have been away from the site for a bit. How is it going?

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Emergency Help!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Sorry I have been away from the site for a bit. How is it going?

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Got victorious ROM installed, but can't get it to go past the splash screen now. I have been staring at the victorious rom splash screen for 15 minutes now.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Emergency Help!!!!

    I am beginning to lose hope. None of the roms want to go past the Samsung logo and gogh_MG5_stock.tar sent from odin gives a 'secure check fail: modem' message.

    I am not sure what is wrong at this point.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Emergency Help!!!!

    Alright, got into a welcome screen, but touch is still not responding. It was working fine right before this all started.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Emergency Help!!!!

    Anyone have any idea why the touchscreen would have stopped working after a flash?
  16. #16  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Emergency Help!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by tenchu98 View Post
    Anyone have any idea why the touchscreen would have stopped working after a flash?
    Did you do a full wipe after flashing the ROM? If not, boot into CWM, and wipe data, cache and Dalvik cache, then reinstall the ROM

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: Emergency Help!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Did you do a full wipe after flashing the ROM? If not, boot into CWM, and wipe data, cache and Dalvik cache, then reinstall the ROM

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    I wiped everything before flashing, and the touchscreen isn't working in recovery or the os. It stopped working after trying to restore my twrp backup, and now I can't use twrp because the touch doesn't work.

    The touch buttons on the bottom work though
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: Emergency Help!!!!

    Guess I will have to try exchanging out the phone.
  19. #19  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,715 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,155 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Galaxy Victory: Emergency Help!!!!

    It may be a hardware issue.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: Galaxy Victory: Emergency Help!!!!

    All the stock tars give an error of bad ext4 img
  21. #21  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,715 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,155 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Galaxy Victory: Emergency Help!!!!

    Tried different cables or USB ports?

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: Galaxy Victory: Emergency Help!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Tried different cables or USB ports?

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
    Yeah mixed it up, returned it and ordered a new one from virgin mobile. The store didn't have any left for exchange.

    Thanks to everyone for your help.

    Is there a guide on how to pull the stock image from a phone? I am thinking it may be a good idea to do that as soon as I get the new one.
  23. #23  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,715 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,155 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Galaxy Victory: Emergency Help!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by tenchu98 View Post
    Yeah mixed it up, returned it and ordered a new one from virgin mobile. The store didn't have any left for exchange.

    Thanks to everyone for your help.

    Is there a guide on how to pull the stock image from a phone? I am thinking it may be a good idea to do that as soon as I get the new one.
    The only way I can think of is to flash a custom recovery to your device, and make a Nandroid.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    UJ95x likes this.
  24. #24  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    The only way I can think of is to flash a custom recovery to your device, and make a Nandroid.
    Yeah, but this time use CWM. I don't use it, but it would definitely be better in case this would ever happen again

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Emergency Help!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by tenchu98 View Post
    Well, I did something that is considered stupid for this device, but it just might save me.

    I installed CWM 6 and am now trying to install a custom rom to get back up and running. I had to install it 3 times to get it to load, so here's hoping that the install doesn't freeze.


    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Decided to install cataclysm, since it rebuilds the entire system partition.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That was a bust, reboot to Samsung logo, then phone reboots into recovery.
    Can you give a link or a pm to the download for cwm.... i may know what to do i have the same problem... if you can get to the welcome screen... and if you can unlock it you will be able to do this. Install Samsung Kies, because it might be able to install the stock firmware again. Again if you could link that cwm file to me that would rock.. and also that working rom that you even got to the welcome screen with. Thank you! sorry if this is a bump but this is very important. Edit: I found a download for cwm 6 flashable odin file (touch and non touch) from xda-developers HERE is the link. Edit 2: I flashed it with odin and unchecked the reboot box... I took out the battery and unplugged from my computer then put the batter back in.. booted into recovery then after a few seconds of saying recovery booting.... my phone just turns off... what do i do now? this is pissing me off a little.. :/

Similar Threads

  1. Pictures/videos turn black in gallery? Help?
    By executiveg in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-25-2014, 08:20 PM
  2. need help just got a polaroid pmid709 running android version 4.1.1
    By jeremy fontain in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-06-2014, 04:42 PM
  3. Emergency Calls only
    By k1fox in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2014, 11:52 PM
  4. Easy Mode....help
    By jelliebean82 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2014, 10:24 PM
  5. Netflix icon disappeared from my samsung galaxy tab 3 10 in..please help
    By BabiCherokee in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 10-inch
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2014, 07:54 PM

Posting Permissions