Why Certain Apps Don't Work on the Galaxy View + Screen Protector

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys, I have a VZW Galaxy View that I am checking out for a few days to see if I want to keep it.

(1) I noticed that not all my apps from my other tablet work or even load on the Galaxy View. For the record most do work.
Any idea why that is?

(2) Also has anyone found a screen protector for the View? Does it need it, probably not cause it's not really portable?

(3) Lastly, does anyone know why Verizon discontinued this tablet?
Tnx...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do the apps actually install from Google Play Store? If they're not officially compatible, the Play Store shouldn't even show them as available when you look for them while using the tablet. If you installed them using apk files, then there's no way for the device to know if they're compatible, so it'll install it anyway. Then when you try to open it, it doesn't work.

I'm guessing Verizon and Samsung discontinued it because the demand was fairly low. I don't see many posts about the device on this forum.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Do the apps actually install from Google Play Store? If they're not officially compatible, the Play Store shouldn't even show them as available when you look for them while using the tablet. If you installed them using apk files, then there's no way for the device to know if they're compatible, so it'll install it anyway. Then when you try to open it, it doesn't work.

I'm guessing Verizon and Samsung discontinued it because the demand was fairly low. I don't see many posts about the device on this forum.
I am talking about the apps that don't install and wondering what is so different from this tablet that prevents it from installing a couple of apps I had on my Note Pro 12.2. Almost all do. Also I noticed that the stock android email app doesn't work either which is no biggie.

And I agree with you, the activity on this forum is a good indicator of the popularity of this devise.
But I have to say, it's quite stellar, specially for streaming. It's basically a smart HD-TV with android capability.
Great for bedside.
I am keeping mine, it's a 64gig VZW 4G/WiFi version.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's never easy to find out why a particular app is deemed incompatible on Google Play. It probably has something to do with a particular hardware spec, or perhaps the firmware. You'd have to contact the developer to understand exactly why.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo