• iControl
  • Line
  • Path
  • Paypal
  • RUNTASTIC
  • Volkswagen
  • The Weather Channel
  • Under Armour (MapMyFitness)

These lists are from the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo announcement post. :)

Last edited:

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I really hope they add a keyboard this time around other than relying on the clunky S Voice for all the inputting. Sony Smartwatch has a keyboard/text replying app that worked really well. No reason why a powerhouse like Samsung can't implement the same.

Posted via Android Central App

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I really hope they add a keyboard this time around other than relying on the clunky S Voice for all the inputting. Sony Smartwatch has a keyboard/text replying app that worked really well. No reason why a powerhouse like Samsung can't implement the same.

Flesky keyboard will be available. Saw an article about it the other day.

Found it: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Fles...rd-Arrives-on-the-Samsung-Gear-2-429276.shtml

Sent from a Galaxy 4 light years away

The Godfather1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I figure if you can use the 'dialer' on the GEAR, you should be able to use the 'keyboard'. Looks roughly about the same size, but we will see come April 11.

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I figure if you can use the 'dialer' on the GEAR, you should be able to use the 'keyboard'. Looks roughly about the same size, but we will see come April 11.

Yup... worked well on the Sony Smartwatch. It wasn't 100% convenient to type on it but with some practice, it got the job done when needed. I just hope the Flesky keyboard will allow for text message replying.

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
There's definitely an interface to S-Health, but I'm not sure how much of that functionality is inherent to the Gear 2 versus phone-side and passed via BT. I think the bottom line is for much of the functionality, you have to keep in mind it's designed as a companion device.

Sure it can be used without a smartphone, but when paired and used in tandem is where this will really shine.

Clive Sinclair

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Only two of those are currently available (in the UK at least), Feedly and Glympse. Not sure if other countries have any others on that list. Had I known they are not yet available (as demonstrated at launch event), I would not have bought my Neo yesterday.

dimakan

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Same in US. No "downloadable" apps to speak of. Calculator is $1 app, Feedly requires you to install it on the phone first but won't install on the phone (just gets stuck on "Downloading...") and Glympse that I had installed on the phone, installed it on Gear, but it doesn't show up in the list of apps on Gear. Overall - pretty pathetic rollout. Shame, because the hardware seems to be very good.

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
BMW, CNN, Conde Nast, Expedia, eBay, Evernote, Feedly, Garmin, GM , iControl, Line, Path, Runtastic, Volkswagen, Weather Channel, Fleksy and Under Armour were all used to promote the Gear 2/Gear 2 Neo and NONE of them are yet present. False advertising? Only thing I can suggest is to take your complaints to the source. Express your anger if you wish. Tweet @Samsungtweets and @SamsungSupport.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
what??? No Pandora? clearly not acceptable! :) Hopefully, it's coming soon. Not only that, but I can't find the watch anywhere...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs