Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pre-Orders Anywhere?

I wish there were preorders by someone! Then at least we could gauge the demand and maybe the price better. I guess patience would be best-- but difficult.

Update: First preorder and pricing I've seen was just posted on AC:

http://www.androidcentral.com/att-an...-gear-2-prices

Default Re: Pre-Orders Anywhere?

AT&T's preorder page is up. Debating it with myself now to mate to my Note 3.

I was ready to pull the trigger until Moto;s announcement - that looks to be a very nice device. Now I'm on the fence.

Bestbuy has pre orders and I got to see them and they are sweet!!

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

Sprint is taking pre-orders too.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis1935 View Post
    Bestbuy has pre orders and I got to see them and they are sweet!!
    Any chance you can make a first-hand comparison between the original Gear and the Gear 2?

I decided to go ahead and jump in, and pre-ordered yesterday afternoon after all. I figure best case is I will fall in love with it, worst case I will eBay it if I decide the Moto is a better fit for me when they launch later this year.

When Moto is coming out?

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

I pre ordered mine yesterday from Best Buy. Have the original but looking forward to new one.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

I can see what I can do but guys know all the specs already.

Quote Originally Posted by rmadrid20 View Post
    When Moto is coming out?

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
    Targetting sometime this summer. Not too clear exactly what that means yet.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis1935 View Post
    I can see what I can do but guys know all the specs already.
    If not, no worries. I was more curious if you had any impressions as a result of the change to the underlying operating system?

The operating system is so fast and there is no stutter nothing like that you wouldn't even be able to tell that it wasn't an Android operating system if you didn't know any better but I'm still not sure about the actual gear 2 for $100 more and all it adds is just a camera I'm just not really sure if I wanna go with the gear to or not but that's what I pre ordered so I may just stick with it it is nice looking but for $100 more I'm just not sure sure that it's worth it cuz the Neo doesn't seem as cheap as I thought it would it doesn't feel all plastic it seems like they took the metal that's on the gear 2 and actually painted it with a rubberized black coating.
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

My local Best Buy in NC has sold out online of every color variation of the Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, and Gear Fit! Go Samsung!!

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Best Buy's online pre-order page now shows "Sold Out Online" for all models (as far as I can tell, this isn't specific to any one store). It seems technically impossible to sell out of pre-order items, after all, they are "selling" inventory they don't have yet anyway, so why prevent someone from placing an order? I wonder if it's a glitch at Best Buy or if they already know their allocation and they're actually sold out in advance.

Samsung Gear 119776 - Best Buy

AT&T is still allowing pre-orders.

Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    Best Buy's online pre-order page now shows "Sold Out Online" for all models (as far as I can tell, this isn't specific to any one store). It seems technically impossible to sell out of pre-order items, after all, they are "selling" inventory they don't have yet anyway, so why prevent someone from placing an order? I wonder if it's a glitch at Best Buy or if they already know their allocation and they're actually sold out in advance.

Samsung Gear 119776 - Best Buy

AT&T is still allowing pre-orders.
    What was the price of the pre-order at Best Buy..

Samsung Galaxy Note 4/32gb/Black/128gb SD Card (Batman)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4/16gb/Black/64gb SD Card
    Samsung Galaxy Gear S Black(Robin)

Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT
    74, old, dirty and fast!!

$299 at my local BB.

Edit: I just called the corporate office and customer service. They said that the pre orders online are indeed sold out. They may replenish them a few days before 4/11. Otherwise, your best bet is to stop by your local BB, and preorder it there. I would suggest to call in first though.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    johnmltb33 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammuel1973 View Post
    $299 at my local BB.

Edit: I just called the corporate office and customer service. They said that the pre orders online are indeed sold out. They may replenish them a few days before 4/11. Otherwise, your best bet is to stop by your local BB, and preorder it there. I would suggest to call in first though.

That is what I was told by a Samsung Rep at BB.. He said just come in on the 11th and buy it at BB.

Well, anyway, I sold my Galaxy Gear.. It was in perfect condition, but I said I better unload now, because come the 11th, the price may be dropping on what one can get for the older Galaxy Gear.. Wish I could snagged some promos like I did with the orginal GG at $209 on the Gear 2..

Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

AT&T's pre-order page now shows April 30 as the expected ship date for the Gear 2 in gold brown, but still says April 8 for the black and orange models. I take this to mean that they either currently have inventory they are allocating based on pre-orders, or they have been given specific allocations by Samsung which they are passing on to pre-orders. Possibly #1 because some stores are already selling the S5 and some of the Gear models before the official release date, according to a CNET article that was posted today (no reason to assume it's an April Fool's joke, but who knows).

Just to add Amazon now taking pre orders, same prices.

johnmltb33 likes this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Pre-orders are now live on Amazon - - same prices as Best Buy had before selling out.

Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit available for pre-order on Amazon | SamMobile

Pre-ordered from Amazon. I hope it arrives on the day of!

I was just getting ready to hit the button on Amazon for the pre-order on the Gear 2 for $299.99, when it said delivery date April 17th to 19th!!
    It will be available at BestBuy on April 11th...

IMO, other peeps will be having theirs, and I still be waiting, on a pre order too...

Edit: Not to take what I read on Amazon's website for gospel, I called Amazon for verification.
    I told them I have the Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 Silver/Black in my cart for $299.99 preorder. I asked specifically will I receive it on release day of April 11th, or will Amazon be shipping it on April 11th, and I will get it 3 to 6 days later.. The agent said the latter is the case. Amazon will SHIP orders on the 11th, and I will get it 5 to 7 days later.. I told the agent the main purpose of pre-order is to get the item first. I might as well wait for April 11th, and waltz right in BestBuy and pick one up..

Anybody know anything different on this preorder bit?

Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT

Quote Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
    I was just getting ready to hit the button on Amazon for the pre-order on the Gear 2 for $299.99, when it said delivery date April 17th to 19th!!
    It will be available at BestBuy on April 11th...

IMO, other peeps will be having theirs, and I still be waiting, on a pre order too...
    That was quick. My delivery date shows April 11 but my experience is that it arrives the following day.

Quote Originally Posted by Xm_jdm View Post
    That was quick. My delivery date shows April 11 but my experience is that it arrives the following day.
    That is what stopped me from hitting the button, it stated delivery date April 17th to 19th. So, I gave a phone call to Amazon, they confirmed that 17th and 19th. Maybe you early peeps get the 11th.. I am going to have to take my chances at the store..

Edit: Just to make sure I was correct, tried it again, and here is the result I got..

-------------------------------------
    Estimated delivery: Apr. 17, 2014 - Apr. 19, 2014
    Samsung Gear 2 Smartwatch - Silver/Black
    Samsung Gear 2 Smartwatch - Silver/Black
    $299.00
    This item will be released on April 11, 2014.
    Quantity: 1 Change quantity of Samsung Gear 2 Smartwatch - Silver/Black from 1
    Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
    Add gift options
    Choose a delivery option:
    FREE Shipping (5-8 business days)
    Standard Shipping (3-5 business days)
    Two-Day Shipping (2 business days)
    One-Day Shipping (1 business day)

Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

I preordered from att with the s5 and got $50.00 off of the watch. Shipping the 8th....
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Damn it! Best Buy just emailed and said the preorders due to release April 11th will not be released until April 28th!! WHAT IS THE PROBLEM??? No explanation given.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast