Pre-orders

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Here is a couple quick pics of the Neo from my S4. Still early playing, a little disappointed with the apps in the app store, but its early. The charger pogo is smaller and snap-on rather than a fully surrounding thing. Colors are very nice. Many apps built in, but no facebook as yet.

Attachments

• 20140408_181929.jpg
    20140408_181929.jpg
    508.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20140408_181041.jpg
    20140408_181041.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 20140408_181033.jpg
    20140408_181033.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 26

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Primarily because I have the Gear 1 and never really used the camera. The only regular use I got was with the Vivino app and in restaurants and the like there often wasn't enough light to get a good shot. Not high enough quality to be a serious camera, so not worth the extra $$ to me.

Now, having had a few hours to play, I am impressed. Email handles well. I like it better than gear 1 already, but apps! needs more apps. Facebook and evernote, Watch styler. But its faster, more snappy, colorful, etc. I like relocated button to light it up, easier to reach and press than the side button.

My S5 shipped today, so tomorrow I will be on new toy overload.

Edit: Oh yeah! Calendar! More than one day, you can scroll side to side through the days.

What I am looking for in a watch is quick access to lil bits of information, whats that new email. In my job, its easy to be considered rude and inattentive checking my phone the middle of proceedings, the watch allows me a glance to see who/what the email is, the text from my wife. The pedometer and heart monitor are fun, not my focus tho.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Well, it is plastic, and I kinda miss the chrome look of the original gear, but it feels good, not cheap, and wears well. I think the user interface is a bit easier and more friendly, but i miss not being able to rearrange the order of the icons and select which apps are most quickly accessible. Messaging is much improved, its easy to read full emails. You can set any image from the phone as the wallpaper background, but I hope a version of watch styler is forthcoming. I dont miss the camera.

studentbuddha

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
The Gear 2 let's me resize icons with a screen pinch and drag and drop them from place to place with a finger on the screen, as well as hide them completely via the Gear Manager. I would be shocked if they didn't include this feature on the Neo as well!

Posted via Android Central App

Tarek53180

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Well, it is plastic, and I kinda miss the chrome look of the original gear, but it feels good, not cheap, and wears well. I think the user interface is a bit easier and more friendly, but i miss not being able to rearrange the order of the icons and select which apps are most quickly accessible. Messaging is much improved, its easy to read full emails. You can set any image from the phone as the wallpaper background, but I hope a version of watch styler is forthcoming. I dont miss the camera.
can u view full emails and Facebook twitter and text messages or does it require to pull our phone

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
The Gear 2 let's me resize icons with a screen pinch and drag and drop them from place to place with a finger on the screen, as well as hide them completely via the Gear Manager. I would be shocked if they didn't include this feature on the Neo as well!

Posted via Android Central App

Oh wow! Neat, yes, works fine on the Neo.

@Tarek53180 Yes on email and text message, haven't had a chance to try with facebook or twitter, no phone required. I'll get my wife to send me a facebook message when she gets home to test that, but she doesn't do twitter.

Tarek53180

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Oh wow! Neat, yes, works fine on the Neo. Jaltman did u get your wife to send u a Facebook message

@Tarek53180 Yes on email and text message, haven't had a chance to try with facebook or twitter, no phone required. I'll get my wife to send me a facebook message when she gets home to test that, but she doesn't do twitter.