Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Will the Gear 2 have any Sleep Cycle reporting?

I have a Gear 1 and I like it but I was looking at the Jawbone Up recently and some other devices that capture sleep cycle information, any idea if that is included in the Gear 2?

Default Re: Will the Gear 2 have any Sleep Cycle reporting?

Mine has not. On the other hand - i am running on a leaked gear manager and not an official final version. and there is 3rd party app support. So i think it will be sooner than later...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

After I posted I found this article comparing the Gear 1 and 2nd gen models, looks like all 2nd gen will have Sleep-tracking.

Will the Gear 2 have any Sleep Cycle reporting?-galaxy-gear-vs-gear-2-vs-gear-2-neo-vs-gear-fit-16.jpg
    "Ditto for sleep tracking, though Samsung lists this feature as "downloadable" for the Gear 2 watches."

Samsung Galaxy Gear vs. Gear 2, Neo, and Gear Fit

There is a new Samsung app in their store "fit with gear" or something.

Is has sleep as a category...

Posted via Android Central App

The watch has an update that adds the sleep app. it is very simple. A timer and % of time motionless.

I think that Samsung has done well with this watch especially for the scale that was put into it. They rushed it out the door and I bet if I read my instruction manual I would find incorrect information or typo's. There will be a lot of updates in the near future.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I got my gear 2 and I see Sleep Cycle in the watch but how do I turn it on?

Also, does the watch need to worn for accurate sleep monitoring results or just on a night stand ?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shanezam203 View Post
    I got my gear 2 and I see Sleep Cycle in the watch but how do I turn it on?
    When I go into the Sleep app on the 2, I just have a play button. Is there nothing to press when you go into the app?

All I know it is capable of at this point is telling you how long you were asleep and the percent of time you were motionless. You need to wear the device and start and stop it in your own.

The award-winning sleeping app Sleep Genius has confirmed they are developing an app for the Gears, but no details re: release date and features have been provided (to my knowledge).

Posted via Android Central App
    Droid Incredible>Samsung Galaxy Nexus>Galaxy Note 2>Galaxy Note 3>Galaxy Note 4

Galaxy Gear>Gear 2>Gear S

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1> Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)>Galaxy Note Pro 12.2

I don't have a sleep app at all on my gear 2... Do I need to do a firmware update or something? I go to the gear settings and click update under device and nothing happens. Any solutions?

On an exciting note... Sleep Genius was just released!

Now if only fleksy and and spritz would be released already I would almost be one hundred percent happy. But mainly just fleksy, as promised. It's sooo annoying getting a text on my gear 2 and being able to read but not reply. Its more of a tease than anything! The miniuum app looks promising for such a small screen. Or maybe a T9 keyboard. Come on tizen developer's I'm counting on ya!!!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk