Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SVoice: more commands?

It seems like most folks prefer Google Now over SVoice in general. The original Galaxy Gear has a limited number of commands. Does the new Gear 2 has more? Such as, "Who's the president of the U.S.?", "What is 2+2?", etc? What is the list of SVoice commands? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: SVoice: more commands?

I don't have a list but i tried both for you.

President: yes
    Math: yes

Posted via Android Central App

I now also tried my two favorite: how old / how tall.

Both work.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

You are awesome, thanks! How's the delay response? I find the delay on the original GG to be quite slow compared to Google Now.

Yes - it is slower. But hard to compare because there is no watch with Google now yet ;-)

Let me test N7 vs Gear 2:

Ok looks like it's maybe 1 sec slower. Not THAT bad but it is slower.

Just notices 2 things:

1. Gear has problems with "how old is" when you try it on dead people.
    2. Gear on the other hand is more precise with "how old is" - giving you years, month and days - while Google now just gives you "XX years"

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks as always. Another SVoice question: how accurate is it with texting or voice recognition? My biggest complaint about the original GG was that the voice texting thru SVoice was only 50% consistent and accurate on spelling and enunciation, thus my preference for Google Now. Hopefully SVoice on G2 has improved?

The accuracy is surprisingly good. Maybe not quite GVS level - but not that far behind.

I was expecting something much worse...

My gear 2 does not answer these questions it says function not supported please check the help.
    really annoying it basically on my gear 2 is a way to reply to texts and voice control gear 2 apps open and thats about it (it answers weather questions only.)

Stuff that I tried and found working: "Show weather", "Show forecast for tomorrow", "Show weather in New York", "Show schedule for tomorrow", "Schedule and appointment/meeting" + all details (with whom, date/time, title/subject), it actually asks you to confirm before saving and you can make changes by saying "Change date/time/subject etc."

It still does not do division however. Strange that. Considering that it does all of the other arithmetic functions.

Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by mustc View Post
    It still does not do division however. Strange that. Considering that it does all of the other arithmetic functions.

I just tried and get the same thing. What's really weird is that S Voice on my Note 3 doesn't do any math functions but Google Voice does.

I just asked S-Voice if she was better than SIRI and the reply was "I like to think I am".

I asked how old am I, as well as a few celebrities and it answered correctly.

Who was the president in 1999 and replied; William Jefferson Blythe III..well we know it was Clinton, so some stuff may be inacurate.

***Note: my son has an iPhone and SIRI gave the exact answer William JB. so they are both wrong....lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by dorrien12; 06-07-2014 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Sutfin View Post
    My gear 2 does not answer these questions it says function not supported please check the help.
    really annoying it basically on my gear 2 is a way to reply to texts and voice control gear 2 apps open and thats about it (it answers weather questions only.)
    I would reset your gear and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mustc View Post

I think it excelled in S-Voice school in most subjects but it's still on a first or second grade level for math...lol