BBM on the gear2

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, from what I have read, only selected Samsung devices. No mention of other manufacturers.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app

Trent9810

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I know the Gear 2 won't work on a blackberry. But I run the BBM app on my note 2 and just wondered if it would give me the notifications on a gear 2

Posted via Android Central App

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
With the original GG, you can get a notification from any app on your list. If all remains the same, don't see why it wouldn't work... unless things changed with the new OS.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Oh sorry I misunderstood you. I also have the Note 2, and when I had my original GG, I was able to get all my notifications as long as they (the 3rd party apps) were checked, but I never used BBM on my Note 2. I would think yes, but others with direct experience can chime in?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app

Trent9810

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
That is sweet news. I can't wait to play with my Gear 2. Only 4 more days to wait till it is released here.

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
People still use BBM??

Now that it's cross platform, they really have got a great messaging app. As for the Gear 2 and BBM, the G2 appears to support alerts from BBM (such as, a received message), but maybe nor responding to them.

Last edited:

studentbuddha

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't use BBM but I did my best to find out for you. I downloaded the app to my phone and then went to Gear Manager. BBM DID appear in the "notifications" list of apps that can be selected for notification. Since I didn't know anyone to try it with, I couldn't test it. But yes, it does appear you will get your BBM notifications.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad