Can't connect Gear 2 Neo

Jeff Stroup

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Just got my Gear 2 Neo and can't connect it to my phone.

1) Tried to connect using NFC by touching the charging cradle to the back of phone as instructed. Didn't work.
2) Downloaded Gear Manager and it doesn't even see the watch when I manually try to pair it.
3) Went to bluetooth in my Note 3 setting. Paired it (showed same bluetooth connection code on watch and phone and activated), The watch even beeped when connected. However, the Gear still shows its startup screen and hasn't started working.
4) The Gear Manager manual connect shows the watch but still won't connect even though the watch beeps.

What can I do? Any help? I'm using a AT&T Galaxy Note 3 with latest Kit Kat update.

Jeff Stroup

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, Doug. My Neo is working perfectly and I love it. The only thing worse than waiting for my Gear to arrive was not be able to use it when it did. Thanks.

Doug B

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
The software is officially out now. Did you try downloading it from Samsung?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

jblaze38

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The software update is available. I had to restart my phone after I installed the gear manager app, then the phone connected to the gear watch.

Posted via Android Central App

allan473

Mar 5, 2011
www.nebirds.com
My Note 2 is rooted so I think that might be the problem. However, my Note 1 (2014) is stock. The Gear Manager doesn't show up in Sam Apps (even though the Gear Fit Manager does.

On the Note 2, gear manager starts but gets hung up while trying to connect to the gear.
On the Note 1 (2014) - totally stock, up to date, the Gear Manager I installed quits saying my device is not compatible or else it needs a system update. But it is compatible and it is up to date.

john59055905

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my Samsung S4. I am trying to connect to the Gear 2 Neo but get the message that the software needs updating or the connection to the gear is not supported.
I rang Samsung and was told that the Gear 2 Neo could not connect to the S4. I have the latest software being the Samsung Gear Manager Version 2.0.14040401 dated 11/04/2014. Any ideas about how to proceed?

mikechp

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I have downloaded the latest gear manager on to my note 3 and it can pair with the gear 2 i just gotten. But the interface on the watch still stuck on the startup screen.

ivirani

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently on 4.2 on my Galaxy s4 and when trying to pair my gear 2 neo with my phone it gives me some sort of message saying the device isn't supported.

do i have to flash my phone to 4.4.2 in order to connect to my gear 2 neo?

jamawi

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys - can someone help me with this problem
trying to connect Galaxy Neo 2 with Samsung Note 2. I have updated my Note2, have downloaded Gear Manager, the watch and phone are synced but thats as far as I can get. Gear Manager says connecting to Neo 2 and that is it !!! I cant get any further than this - very frustrating..... solution anyone??? - Help !!

Last edited:

Abdul Manan1

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I need Gear manager For GT N7000 please give me i am gone crazy i just bought Gear 2 Neo and its not working also i did type on samsung apps gear manager its not in list so please can anybody help me

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance