Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Default Gear 2 at Best Buy?

I've heard they have had them on display for a couple of weeks, will they be on sale at bestbuy tomorrow?

Default Re: Gear 2 at Best Buy?

Quote Originally Posted by bendernyc View Post
    I've heard they have had them on display for a couple of weeks, will they be on sale at bestbuy tomorrow?
    Not all BB stores. My local BB (actually all of Oregon) did not have them.

I waltzed in my local BESTBUY 5 minutes before opening time, and was first told that they had them in stock. Only to be told shortly afterwards that they haven't came in yet. They took my order and told me I would get one of the first to come in.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4/32gb/Black/128gb SD Card (Batman)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4/16gb/Black/64gb SD Card
    Samsung Galaxy Gear S Black(Robin)

Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT
    74, old, dirty and fast!!

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

Called everyone BB, AT&T, Verizon, and even Walmart to see if they had them. No one had them in stocked so I just order one from BB and hopefully I get it on Monday. Thinking I should have pre-ordered now. Why would no one have them in stock for a product launch??

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

I pre ordered mine and no one can tell me when they are going to get them in stock.

Posted via Android Central App

Walked into my Best Buy at 10am (opening time) and asked if they had any of the Gear 2 in stock. Everybody seemed clueless except the Samsung guy who told them to look in their inventory. They only had one of the new Gear devices, a black and silver Gear 2 (exactly what I wanted). After 15 minutes of them looking around the store for it they found it in the back stock. Very unorganized and very ill informed staff but got what I came for. Thankfully class was cancelled or someone else may have gotten it before me!

Quote Originally Posted by compg318 View Post
    Walked into my Best Buy at 10am (opening time) and asked if they had any of the Gear 2 in stock. Everybody seemed clueless except the Samsung guy who told them to look in their inventory. They only had one of the new Gear devices, a black and silver Gear 2 (exactly what I wanted). After 15 minutes of them looking around the store for it they found it in the back stock. Very unorganized and very ill informed staff but got what I came for. Thankfully class was cancelled or someone else may have gotten it before me!
    Was it sealed or been opened?

When I went in the store this morning, at 9:55am, I thought I had snagged on, when said to give him a silver/black gear 2. Only to find out the dont have stock. They took my order right then and there, and told I would get first chance when they come in. Even hinted, something might come in today. I called back, to check, and they said no, but in their check they told me a store 40 miles away has a silver/black gear 2.. Sheesh..
    I will wait.. 10 to 15 miles I will do, not for 40 miles, unless it was $209..

Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT

Brand new and sealed! I'm surprised at how limited the stock is today.

Agreed! Its like they were not sure if it would sell a lot
    Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Walked right into US Cellular... In and out in five minutes... They didn't have them displayed yet but had them in the back.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Got mine at the best buy in flushing queens, woot

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Pre-ordered from best buy and they didn't get them today. sigh!

Cool, congrats, and you scored well. Hoping by Monday or Tuesday I will be right there with you...

Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT

Quote Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
    Cool, congrats, and you scored well. Hoping by Monday or Tuesday I will be right there with you...
    Very lucky I guess! My first smart watch so haven't stopped playing with it. Pretty fantastic even with the limited apps out so far. Hope you enjoy your as much as I do!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Very lucky I guess! My first smart watch so haven't stopped playing with it. Pretty fantastic even with the limited apps out so far. Hope you enjoy your as much as I do!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app
    I sold my Gear 1 last week, it had been perfect for 7 months. I know the Gear 2 is the bomb!

Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

April 11th was the 1st person in store in Rego Park Best Buy and the guy said he had no idea when they were coming in and took my number. Went to Flushing Best Buy Samsung Experience Center and the 2 ladies there looked at each other and said no with great hesitation and acted strange about it. Went back to Rego Park Best Buy at noon and the guy tells me that only one came in and it was taken immediately by the online in-store pickup system. LOL! What's funny is 2 days ago the Rego Park location only had the original Gear on display and had no idea about what would happen on launch day and when they would set up the display with Gear 2s. On launch day the display is set up with Gear 2s but they are still waiting on a shipment for the Gear 2s? LOL! Come on.

Went to various cell phone stores and they all seemed to be down to only 1-2 Gear 2 watches. Got the one I wanted in Sprint.

It was frustrating not to have the G2 at launch, especially when I preordered it 2.5 wks fews ago. I live in Philly, but preordered in Wilmington, DE for free tax purpose. I ended up getting the watch for $145, because I bitched to Corp office and the main store manager. They honored the $75 laptop coupon trade in, plus $80 inconvenience gift card. Seems like a great deal, but I can't stand poor customer service and false advertising, so folks should demand some compensation.

I got the G2 yesterday, so far so good.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by Sammuel1973; 04-13-2014 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LewdTenant View Post
    April 11th was the 1st person in store in Rego Park Best Buy and the guy said he had no idea when they were coming in and took my number. Went to Flushing Best Buy Samsung Experience Center and the 2 ladies there looked at each other and said no with great hesitation and acted strange about it. Went back to Rego Park Best Buy at noon and the guy tells me that only one came in and it was taken immediately by the online in-store pickup system. LOL! What's funny is 2 days ago the Rego Park location only had the original Gear on display and had no idea about what would happen on launch day and when they would set up the display with Gear 2s. On launch day the display is set up with Gear 2s but they are still waiting on a shipment for the Gear 2s? LOL! Come on.

Went to various cell phone stores and they all seemed to be down to only 1-2 Gear 2 watches. Got the one I wanted in Sprint.
    Yeah cause samsung didnt ship alot out.

I tried to pick up a gear on launch day from best buy and they looked at me like I was crazy no one had any in central jersey stores. I also tried the cell phones stores with no luck. Picked one up when visiting my daughter in Md.