Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Default Gear 2 and Fleksy

I thought this was supposed to support the fleksy keyboard out of the box? if not is it possible to get it on there? This would be huge thx - Chris

Default Re: Gear 2 and Fleksy

I can't find the keyboard. So far, all I can see we can reply with is customizable templates, S-Voice dictation or emoticons.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

This is part of the reason I got the gear 2, this story is 6 weeks old.

Fleksy Keyboard Now Available on the New Samsung Gear 2 | Fleksy

I actually just got off the phone with samsung. I dont know if she knew what she was talking about, but she told me my gear 2 should have the keyboard and since it does not it must be broken and I should return it.

I think she is wrong, or loads of people all have the same defect in their device. I just don't see her scenario as very likely. I'm going to wait awhile. CNET or Sammobile or another site should take note and post an article soon. I suspect an update will follow in time.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

But the broader issue goes beyond the Flesky keyboard - there were a bunch of apps announced as available for download - Evernote, Garmin, Weather Channel (more listed here: Samsung announces Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo smartwatches, which drop Android for Tizen | Android Central )

I can't find any way to access these other apps. They aren't showing up under Samsung Apps in the Gear Manager on my Gear 2.

Keith

So far I can't find a keyboard on mine. Also, i agree. I expected a lot more apps since thats what i had been reading about since they were announced.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

I just got off the phone with Samsung tech support - she said those other apps will be available through the Gear Manager -- someday. No dates, no time frame, but -- they're coming! So we wait.
    She had to go away for a while and check with someone - the rep wasn't aware of the issue at all.

Keith
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

I purchased the gear 2 as an upgrade not a downgrade. It's less usable than my gear. this is bullsh*t.

I am kinda feeling the same way. The physical watch feels a lot better but the software and capabilities actually seemed to have gotten worse.

Agreed. I wanted Fleksy out of the box. And I only have like 10 apps in Samsung Apps. Most of them being Clock themes.... you think a root will be coming to the gear 2 eventually?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

I received this reply this morning, we'll see what "very soon" means

Dimitris Verdelis [email protected]
    3:32 AM (7 hours ago)

to me
    Hello,

Thanks for contacting us.

It will be very available very soon. Thanks for your patience.

Do not hesitate to contact us again, we are happy to respond.

Regards,
    Dimitris Verdelis
    Community and Support Coordinator
    Helpful? Click to give Dimitris Verdelis thanks!

I love the device. I feel there are many upgrades over the Galaxy Gear. By no means a downgrade. I guess I'm more patient than some. Call me crazy, but I am willing to wait a few weeks before my frustration rises to the level of being "pissed." Goodness gracious. Deep breaths.

ihbsbA and MattKerwin like this.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

I too have been very disappointed at the lack of apps in the Samsung App Store. I keep thinking maybe I'm missing something since I have been reading for weeks about all of the partners samsung has to create watch apps and with the sdk having been released weeks ago. I guess all we can do is wait at this point...

BMW, CNN, Conde Nast, Expedia, eBay, Evernote, Feedly, Garmin, GM , iControl, Line, Path, Runtastic, Volkswagen, Weather Channel, Fleksy and Under Armour were all used to promote the Gear 2/Gear 2 Neo and NONE of them are yet present. False advertising? Only thing I can suggest is to take your complaints to the source. Express your anger if you wish. Tweet @Samsungtweets and @SamsungSupport.

ihbsbA likes this.

I just got the Gear2 yesterday and was also bummed about no fleksy. I went to BB this a.m. to talk to a Samsung rep and he was unaware of Fleksy launching on the gear2 and said it was not in the gear2 training he did. He hopped online to check it out and came to the conclusion that Fleksy was showcasing their capability on the gear2 and that didn't mean Samsung would launch with it even though that differs from the Fleksy website. Hopefully we'll have some more info soon.

I contact fleshy them self and it is not yet available... soon to be... is what the told me.... I'm excited for it. As well as other developers to release apps... it is behind on apps because of the new os

Global Posts
    998 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie Juan Kenewbie View Post
    I just got the Gear2 yesterday and was also bummed about no fleksy. I went to BB this a.m. to talk to a Samsung rep and he was unaware of Fleksy launching on the gear2 and said it was not in the gear2 training he did. He hopped online to check it out and came to the conclusion that Fleksy was showcasing their capability on the gear2 and that didn't mean Samsung would launch with it even though that differs from the Fleksy website. Hopefully we'll have some more info soon.
    Minuum has also shown their capability on a smart watch - I LOVE minuum and think it's a great idea, however I will not be tapping out massive emails or texts on my watch...just something more custom than the templates. HOWEVER... S-Voice is night and DAY different from S-Voice on my Note 3 - so I've been using it with 98% accuracy, so for now, that works for me.

Global Posts
    998 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bendernyc View Post
    This is part of the reason I got the gear 2, this story is 6 weeks old.

Fleksy Keyboard Now Available on the New Samsung Gear 2 | Fleksy
    That website also shows threaded messages on the watch..

"Sending and replying to text messages from the Gear 2 will work in the same way users text message on their smart device. Users will be able to access all contact information, messages and threads allowing them to compose, send and reply to messages instantly from their Gear device using the Fleksy keyboard." via Fleksy Keyboard Now Available on the New Samsung Gear 2 (PRWeb)

How about a flashlight. Does anyone have it on the Neo. I can't find it or in Samsung apps?

Not yet available for Gear 2/Neo. Ironically, I could have used it last night for the first time. I was trying to close my puppy's crate in the dark. In this case, my regular screen was bright enough to cease my fumbling.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP/ Franco Kernal

I cannot wait for this!

Hi there,

Noticed this thread and thought I'd jump in:

We are working hard to bring Fleksy Message to Gear 2 as quickly as we can. We are committed to this project.

Follow us on twitter for more updates: https://twitter.com/fleksy

Thanks.

[email protected]
    Hufza and Flyin2low like this.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

nope.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast