Gear 2 Wish List

Buck Coulliette

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
First of all, a Keyboard (which I thought would have been native out of the box), a Browser, maybe some Games, a way to read the content of a news story rather than just the headline, or basically anything. The Samsung Store doesn't have anything barely. Also, that one App, dacadoo won't let me register. It says something like unable to communicate with server so that makes that App useless for right now so maybe a good fitness App that works. Overall the watch feels great though.

Vanlome

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see the swipe down for camera and swipe up for dialer back. I also would like to see better customizable options in all the widgets. Like being able to choose exactly what contacts show up in messages app. Right now it always shows all. Even if I chose favorites only. I would also like to see longer video recording since this watch has internal memory.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
First of all, a Keyboard (which I thought would have been native out of the box), a Browser, maybe some Games, a way to read the content of a news story rather than just the headline, or basically anything. The Samsung Store doesn't have anything barely. Also, that one App, dacadoo won't let me register. It says something like unable to communicate with server so that makes that App useless for right now so maybe a good fitness App that works. Overall the watch feels great though.

You want a browser on this thing? Lol. To each his own...

dimakan

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
1) standalone "smart" alarm clock with sleep tracking and analysis - they promised SleepGenius to be available at launch;
2) barcode scanner for use with camera - would be great for comparison shopping in brick-and-mortar stores without being too obvious;
3) Evernote - was promised at launch;
4) MORE watchfaces and/or watchface designer - I am looking for an analog watchface with date and second hand display;
5) Make calls to be answered on headset (BT or wired, if connected) by default (or as electable option);
6) Make camera shutter sound "mute-able" (although it might have something to do with privacy concern, which I can understand);
7) Continuous heart rate monitoring;
8) Quick-preview of camera shots (now you have to open Gallery to view the last shot taken);
9) When activating "sleep mode" wake-up gesture should be set to "none". And when stopping sleep mode it should be reverted to previous state. One, it would save the battery and two, it would stop my wife from asking "Stop shining your watch in my face!" in the middle of the night.

Last edited:

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
1) standalone "smart" alarm clock with sleep tracking and analysis - they promised SleepGenius to be available at launch;
2) barcode scanner for use with camera - would be great for comparison shopping in brick-and-mortar stores without being too obvious;
3) Evernote - was promised at launch;
4) MORE watchfaces and/or watchface designer - I am looking for an analog watchface with date and second hand display;
5) Make calls to be answered on headset (BT or wired, if connected) by default (or as electable option);
6) Make camera shutter sound "mute-able" (although it might have something to do with privacy concern, which I can understand);
7) Continuous heart rate monitoring;
8) Quick-preview of camera shots (now you have to open Gallery to view the last shot taken);

5 - I think it does... I have been keeping my Bluetooth connected to my 2 and my car Bluetooth at the same time and whenever I would make a call from my phone it would go to my car Bluetooth and when getting a call it would go to my car Bluetooth. That explain what your asking for? And it also may vary per Bluetooth device.

Posted via Android Central App

dimakan

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Haven't tried with car Bluetooth. Use LG HBS-750 (and 700) headset. When you get a call do you answer by swiping on the watch or car Bluetooth button? Because when I answer via swipe on the watch - sound comes from the speaker on the watch. I have to click little headset button in the bottom left corner to transfer sound to the headset. But if I answer call by pressing button on the headset - sound goes to headset right away.

jwortner

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
OK, I have had mine for a few days and I am wondering if I am from another planet! I have been searching and no one seems to find these issues:
1. Can barely feel Vibration - I have it set to STRONG. The main reason I bought this is so I don't miss calls and txt's when my phone is in my pocket and I don't hear it because of noise. So either mine if defective, or I am numb, or it others agree and the vibrate function is about useless

2. Need to see the entire SMS conversation, not just the most recent message. Is there a setting I have not found? I can only see the most recent incoming or outgoing msg. I want to scroll and see the thread.

3.SHARING - Why can't we share out a pic? On mine the option is there but it is greyed out.

4. Wrist Size - I am not a big guy and I have to set this to the last hole. I measured and my wrist is 7 3/4 inches. While I am thrilled it fits me, I caution larger folks to try this thing on first.

Can some please comment in above so I know if I am bonkers!!

Having said that I do love this thing.

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

To an extent, I think you're trying to morph the Gear into what you want it to be, rather than enjoying what it is - a companion device. I have zero need for a keyboard or games on my Gear; if I need to send a message I've updated the static messages to reflect things I might want to say; other than that I either rely on S-Voice or just pull out my phone. If it's important enough to require an immediate reply that can't be handled by something like 'i'll get back to you,' then it's worth taking my Note 3 out of my pocket.

Agreed a lightweight browser to read stpry content that is sent to me would be nice, but again I can't imagine doing serious browsing on the Gear. It's just too small.

There's a need for more personalized apps, but those will likely come over time. So far I am loving my G2.

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
OK, I have had mine for a few days and I am wondering if I am from another planet! I have been searching and no one seems to find these issues:
1. Can barely feel Vibration - I have it set to STRONG. The main reason I bought this is so I don't miss calls and txt's when my phone is in my pocket and I don't hear it because of noise. So either mine if defective, or I am numb, or it others agree and the vibrate function is about useless

2. Need to see the entire SMS conversation, not just the most recent message. Is there a setting I have not found? I can only see the most recent incoming or outgoing msg. I want to scroll and see the thread.

3.SHARING - Why can't we share out a pic? On mine the option is there but it is greyed out.

4. Wrist Size - I am not a big guy and I have to set this to the last hole. I measured and my wrist is 7 3/4 inches. While I am thrilled it fits me, I caution larger folks to try this thing on first.

Can some please comment in above so I know if I am bonkers!!

Having said that I do love this thing.

1. I can hardly feel the vibration either. It is very annoying. It wasnt strong enough on the galaxy gear but was way stronger than this.

2. Sorry, not really an issue for me as long as im getting the most current message.

3. That was true of the gear 1 as well. The share button only worked with Evernote which was suppossed to be included in the release but like most other apps, was not.

4. I am a very large person and have a 7 3/4 wrist and the watch fit me straight out of the box BUT this isn't really an issue since you can change the band to any 22mm wide band of your choice. I already have a nice one but am waiting to be sure I am going to keep the watch. So far I love it but my gear 1 has more functionality.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams