Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Default Where are the apps?

Evernote/Fleksy,weather channel, these and more were promised at launch. I paid for an upgrade not a downgrade, this is ridiculous.

Default Re: Where are the apps?

Ya I was disappointed to see a very empty app store for the watch. It will certainly get better over time though.

Posted via Android Central App

I understand everyone's frustrations (mentioned in several threads) because I am going through the same thing. I'm not letting it get me too worked up though. I know we were promised more at launch, but sh*t happens when releasing a new product and finalizing software and licenses.

We are VERY early adopters of the Gear 2/Neo. They literally have only been officially released for 36 hours. I know the "new" Gear Manager I had downloaded from XDA a few days ago became something very different when I downloaded the official version when it was released yesterday. That tells me that things are changing fast. So, for me at least, it's too early to start hating on Samsung.

Point remains, the Gear 2/Neo are the best smartwatches on the market. I don't think that can be disputed. The Gear 2/Neo, even in their current condition, are head and shoulders above the Galaxy Gear. I honestly believe we will get more in the terms of Fleksy and apps very soon. For now, I take comfort in the fact I have a watch more technologically advanced than virtually any other human being on the planet!

I am super disappointed as well ... I like my gear 2 , but I think I will love it with just a few key apps that were said to be ready at launch... Hopefully they are ready with in the week.

No joke! Super frustrating. Apparently PayPal released a gear app and there's supposedly an Ebay one? Each google search pulls up a news article about their existence but without any place to find them. Presumably they'll be loaded into the Samsung Gear Manager App Store?

I miss the Runtastic App, lots of news sites state that Runtastic would be available at launch...

BMW, CNN, Conde Nast, Expedia, eBay, Evernote, Feedly, Garmin, GM , iControl, Line, Path, Runtastic, Volkswagen, Weather Channel, Fleksy and Under Armour were all used to promote the Gear 2/Gear 2 Neo and NONE of them are yet present. False advertising? Only thing I can suggest is to take your complaints to the source. Express your anger if you wish. Tweet @Samsungtweets and @SamsungSupport.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I'm surprised there aren't more people complaining about the pedometer and how it overcounts steps pretty badly.

The question is, will the apps fill out in time before major competitors like the Android Wear watches come out w/ possibly better selection at its summer release?

I'm nervous about keeping the Neo when in just a few months we'll see the first "Android Wear" devices. I feel like the Gears may become like the "iPhone" of smartwatches in the sense that the Gear has one manufacturer supporting it, and here come a bunch of manufacturers who are releasing devices from a common platform that will almost be guaranteed increased support (like we see w/ android vs iPhone in general).

Quote Originally Posted by rEVOLVE View Post
    The question is, will the apps fill out in time before major competitors like the Android Wear watches come out w/ possibly better selection at its summer release?

I'm nervous about keeping the Neo when in just a few months we'll see the first "Android Wear" devices. I feel like the Gears may become like the "iPhone" of smartwatches in the sense that the Gear has one manufacturer supporting it, and here come a bunch of manufacturers who are releasing devices from a common platform that will almost be guaranteed increased support (like we see w/ android vs iPhone in general).
    Couldn't agree more.

Moto 360 or other Android Wear watches might make the Gear 2 not such a good choice but if the amount of apps improve and other features improve through updates it could become the best smartwatch. Depending on where the Gear 2 is for app support by the time Android Wear releases; I might just purchase a Moto 360 and stick to Android Wear watches.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

I just filed a complaint on Samsung site. It probably won't do anything but I have until next Friday to return for a full refund. If the promised apps aren't available then, I probably will and wait for an Android wear device.

Quote Originally Posted by Volkers84 View Post
    I just filed a complaint on Samsung site. It probably won't do anything but I have until next Friday to return for a full refund. If the promised apps aren't available then, I probably will and wait for an Android wear device.

If you can post a link to that complaint page, I think more of us will complain.. I know I would...

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swade8 View Post
    If you can post a link to that complaint page, I think more of us will complain.. I know I would...
    http://www.samsung.com/in/support/erms1?isVoc=true

The neo 2 wasn't available as an item, so I selected my Galaxy s4 and checked Samsung Apps to get to be able to send an email.