Sync S Health and Fitness With Gear?

Barbara Stefano

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm interested in this topic too. I had to download a new Fitness for Gear app, and the Neo syncs with it, but I cannot get the Neo to sync with the S Health app that's native to the Note 3. The "share via" menu option that's supposed to enable this function is dark and not selectable. Grrrr!

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that there are share buttons throughout the watches OS but none of them work. I wonder if it's poorly mapped or it just hasn't been implemented yet.

kekin

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm interested in this topic too. I had to download a new Fitness for Gear app, and the Neo syncs with it, but I cannot get the Neo to sync with the S Health app that's native to the Note 3. The "share via" menu option that's supposed to enable this function is dark and not selectable. Grrrr!

The Fitness For Gear app is kinda a bridge. It helps you to sync all fitness info to your device. Then sync it to your S-Health app.

Civuck

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm confused too with how the older S-Health app integrates with the newer Fitness With Gear app.

As near as I can tell, they are completely unaware of each other, despite sharing the same Samsung user account.

S-Health, being the older app, seems to only work with the phone's step counter and the original Galaxy Gear watch. Of those two things, there is language in the app detailing how it will use the greater step count of the two for logging after they sync.

The Fitness With Gear app seems specific to only the newer Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, and Gear Fit watches.

jjayr41

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't get it either. I cannot share my fitness results to s health as the share button is grayed out. Maybe we need s health 3.0? Definitely makes no sense on why we need Fitness for Gear and S health..will the other phones get s health 3.0?

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I have discovered the source of my confusion. In s health, when viewing the pedometer, touch the 3 dots in the upper right and select 'phone data to view', it then lets you select the phone's measurement or the transferred data from the neo. Previously, on the s4 with a gear 1 the data was merged. Now its kept separate and selectable. If select the data from the neo, thats what appearas on the lock screen and startup screen when you open s health.

alengman

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm using a note 3 and do not have that option. I have a sneaker with 2 linked circles that brings me to the galaxy gear menu and tells me to update gear manager. Do you have a S5?

Clive Sinclair

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Total mess up by Samsung. Add to that all the Apps demonstrated at the launch events are not yet available i.e. Runtastic, MapMyrun, Evernote... Where are they?

Clive Sinclair

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Found this on the S-Health page on Samsungs website - in small print at the bottom of the screen!

"As of April 2014, these S Health features are only available on the Galaxy S5.
Soon they will also be available on other devices, via app updates."

jconway1968

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Found this on the S-Health page on Samsungs website - in small print at the bottom of the screen!

"As of April 2014, these S Health features are only available on the Galaxy S5.
Soon they will also be available on other devices, via app updates."

Can you post the web address where you saw that statement from Samsung about future update?

Judo Jon

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I found a solution. Install the S5 S-health and health services apk. I don't know if posting the link goes against the rules but a quick Google search will work.

jjayr41

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Did you install the healthservices.apk on a note 3? When I try to open it I get an error that it could not parse the package.

Posted via Android Central App

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
I found a solution. Install the S5 S-health and health services apk. I don't know if posting the link goes against the rules but a quick Google search will work.

Did this really work for you? I tried a few days ago and could not get it to work. In fact, it broke all syncing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae