Sync S Health and Fitness With Gear?

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Why worry? The fitness app works fine. S health has all those nice extras, but really do u need it. They will fix it. Give it a bit. I just got my neo yesterday and I must say I love it. Save me pulling out my crap to check my pulse. Plus the sleep app is great. Now I just need to have the watch nag me to exercise.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Well spoke too soon. Looks like the fitness app has decided to add data the neo doesn't have on it. Where the crap did this extra sleep time come from? It just happens that it is an overlap of time when I was sleeping. WTH? Any way to clear this data from the phone without it showing back up?

Mark Gunn

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Does the S Health app only show up in the Samsung app store if you have a S4 or Note 3? I have a Note 2 and have never been able to find S Health.

I actually had this problem, I discovered that somehow S-Health was "Disabled" on my S-4. If you go to the apps screen, click the menu button, there is an option to view disabled apps. You can enable it again here. Unclear how it was disabled. Maybe AT&T did so before shipping the phone.

Mark Gunn

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I've just added my voice to the facebook link above, and also tweeted a link to this forum to SamsungSupport. Feel free to RT or add your own. Maybe if we "crowd" them, we might get a more responsive reaction?

xyf80

May 1, 2014
Visit site
The new Gear manager is not any better than previous version, do not expect the S health work with Gear

For me only thing working is fitness with gear app, sync right, works not too bad

xenaaz

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't work with the Gear Fit either. It shows on the S Health it is linked to Gear Fitness, but doesn't record anything. I continue to get the message 'sync your samsung account to see detailed view. it may take a few minutes." Samsung account is linked to Gear Fitness. Gear Fit shows history, but Gear Fitness on my Note 3 only shows today's information. While walking today in walking exercise mode it didn't even register my steps on the pedometer.

zoromax

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I've been stumbling on the subject problem for a week as I rooted my Note 3. Here is the problem and solutions I found.

My devices: Note 3 + Gear 2

This was what I was running on my Note 3: S Health (getting the data from my mobile phone) and Gear for Fitness - getting the data from my Gear 2. It was running fine for a few months since August ,just recently, the Pedometer and Sleep data on Gear for Fitness stopped sync data from my Gear 2. I thought it was the problem from the data beling uploaded to Samsung Cloud, so I created a new Samsung Account and tried for a few more data, still, only Heart data is being updated from my Gear 2 to Gear for Fitness, but no Pedometer data nor Sleep data. I was very frustrated and and tried everything, including trying wiping out all data. I tried several times wiping data out and they just refused to be deleted. I even went to Samsung Account on the Samsung website and deleted everything and still didn't work. I was very confused as where the data was residing, was it in my phone itself or on the Cloud. Anyway, as I was googling and started playing with the S Health on Note 3, it asked me to update so I did, then upon finishing installation of the app, it asked me to update Health Service, not knowing what this is, I tried it anyway. Then everything started to click! My Gear for Fitness disappear from my Note 3, S Health sync up with my Gear 2, with all the history stored, plus, I can switch back and forth between the phone data and my Gear 2. Now I am a happy camper again and thought I would share with you all.

Tonio Banderas

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I've been stumbling on the subject problem for a week as I rooted my Note 3. Here is the problem and solutions I found.

My devices: Note 3 + Gear 2

This was what I was running on my Note 3: S Health (getting the data from my mobile phone) and Gear for Fitness - getting the data from my Gear 2. It was running fine for a few months since August ,just recently, the Pedometer and Sleep data on Gear for Fitness stopped sync data from my Gear 2. I thought it was the problem from the data beling uploaded to Samsung Cloud, so I created a new Samsung Account and tried for a few more data, still, only Heart data is being updated from my Gear 2 to Gear for Fitness, but no Pedometer data nor Sleep data. I was very frustrated and and tried everything, including trying wiping out all data. I tried several times wiping data out and they just refused to be deleted. I even went to Samsung Account on the Samsung website and deleted everything and still didn't work. I was very confused as where the data was residing, was it in my phone itself or on the Cloud. Anyway, as I was googling and started playing with the S Health on Note 3, it asked me to update so I did, then upon finishing installation of the app, it asked me to update Health Service, not knowing what this is, I tried it anyway. Then everything started to click! My Gear for Fitness disappear from my Note 3, S Health sync up with my Gear 2, with all the history stored, plus, I can switch back and forth between the phone data and my Gear 2. Now I am a happy camper again and thought I would share with you all.

can you please give us the version of s health? Is your gear 2 a neo or just gear 2?

I've got note 3 - gear 2 neo and s health v3.5.1.0693 and sync doesn't work...

Civuck

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I have Gear 2 Neo with Note 3 and they are finally working great together with latest S-Health app. Glad to see Samsung ditched the Fitness With Gear app and is focusing on the one. Things aren't perfect but they are much improved.

James Artisensi

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a Note 3 and a Gear fit. Once S Health Updated after the Kit Kat update - 1. I lost all my previous data (says it is an older version) 2. Gear Fit doesn't see S Health. In the device manager for the Gear Fit it shows S Health for a second then it disappears. Samsung has both my Phone and the Gear Fit at service now. They said they can and will fix it. (Insert eye roll here)

Joe Nunya

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
So is it only the Note 4 that S Health works on now?
It came pre installed on my Note 4 and works flawless, the Pedometer I checked today and it was right on the money, down to within a foot every 1/4 mile
Heart rate works perfect.
Plus unlike every other Pedometer the S Health uses seemingly zero of my battery.

So far I have no complaints and it works perfect.

Would like to download it onto my wifes Galaxy S3 but apparently its not available anywhere except the Note 4.

Sauvignon

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I have a note 4 and a gear 2 neo (Lite in France) and it is impossible to sync S-Health with gear.
Updated Rom stock, all apps updated to.

PowerhouseKSAP

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
It used to work for me, but no longer does. I get the run around from Samsung. I purchased my Note 3 and my Gear 2 expecting these devices to sync in S Health but now I get messages saying "Product Does Not Exist In Store (4002) " Samsung wants me to send my Note 3 in for examination but I can't be without my phone for emergency reasons. Has anyone heard when this issue will be fixed?

CandiR

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
So is it only the Note 4 that S Health works on now?
It came pre installed on my Note 4 and works flawless, the Pedometer I checked today and it was right on the money, down to within a foot every 1/4 mile
Heart rate works perfect.
Plus unlike every other Pedometer the S Health uses seemingly zero of my battery.

So far I have no complaints and it works perfect.

Would like to download it onto my wifes Galaxy S3 but apparently its not available anywhere except the Note 4.

I have the note 4 and I have no problems with the sync But my battery dies very quickly on my gear fit. I can't seem to figure out how to disconnect the gear fit from s health and have the phone start tracking the steps again while it's charging. I know it can be done but how?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89