Gear 2: Loving it!

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the gear 2 since I got it yesterday. Replying to my texts with s voice and reading all my emails that come in. It has been great! I am excited for the apps and other things to grow. Nothing else really to say, just that it awesome. :) Anyone find any cool little tips/tricks yet? I am still trying to quickly get my way around it and use different settings and perks of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
How bad does your phones battery drain?

I have been using the gear 2 since I got it yesterday. Replying to my texts with s voice and reading all my emails that come in. It has been great! I am excited for the apps and other things to grow. Nothing else really to say, just that it awesome. :) Anyone find any cool little tips/tricks yet? I am still trying to quickly get my way around it and use different settings and perks of it.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I am sure you will get different responses, but mine is 43% battery power remaining as of 11:18p est, started the day with it since 8a, had the music played sporadically, answered 5 calls, 20 texts, and random play with the interface, so basically your average use. It seems 5-10% more power than the G1.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I might get mine this week but I need to test it out and try it before buying it becuz I already have the GG1.
My laptop took a dump this past week so I had to hold off on the Gear 2 and to be honest I'm not in a hurry.

Vitamin AK

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Making sure the Pedometer is off, and turning off the raise gesture will increase battery life a bit. i've gone from 100% to 75% on the G2 in 17 hours with this method. Previously the screen turned on everytime i turned my wrist from anything but a standing position.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Making sure the Pedometer is off, and turning off the raise gesture will increase battery life a bit. i've gone from 100% to 75% on the G2 in 17 hours with this method. Previously the screen turned on everytime i turned my wrist from anything but a standing position.

That's funny that you find it turns on easily, while some reviewers have slammed the watch for not turning on (using what they supposedly think is the correct movement) upon most of their attempts. This is why I like to read forums before I buy something, as reviewers' findings are not the end all and be all.

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Mine turns on constantly and I WAS disappointed in battery life at first. Then I realized the battery on the 1st watch seemed to drain faster after 30%. It would go from 30 to 6 in no time at all. This one doesnt do that. I have been charging it to much and need to relax a little. My day starts at 4:30 am and often doesnt end until maybe 11:00 pm and after 19 hours of moderate use I still have between 36-40% and that is with motion on.

johnmltb33

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely Love it !! The more I use it, the better I like it. Glad I held off on the Galaxy Gear the first time, and really enjoying the Tizen system. It is a perfect complement to my Note 3, and keeps me from carrying the Note 3 constantly at my desk job (I can roam around the work area without missing any calls/notifications)! I'm sure more apps will further enhance the user experience as Samsung and other developers offer them.