Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By audri50
  • 1 Post By johnmltb33
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Gear 2: Loving it!

    I have been using the gear 2 since I got it yesterday. Replying to my texts with s voice and reading all my emails that come in. It has been great! I am excited for the apps and other things to grow. Nothing else really to say, just that it awesome. Anyone find any cool little tips/tricks yet? I am still trying to quickly get my way around it and use different settings and perks of it.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Gear 2: Loving it!

    How bad does your phones battery drain?



    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    I have been using the gear 2 since I got it yesterday. Replying to my texts with s voice and reading all my emails that come in. It has been great! I am excited for the apps and other things to grow. Nothing else really to say, just that it awesome. Anyone find any cool little tips/tricks yet? I am still trying to quickly get my way around it and use different settings and perks of it.
    Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Gear 2: Loving it!

    I love mine too. I got a galaxy gear and hated it, but this one is fantastic!. I noticed about a 10% increase in battery drain.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Gear 2: Loving it!

    Quote Originally Posted by worldsoutro View Post
    How bad does your phones battery drain?
    Long story short, I have not been able to test fully yet because I have been on the road since I bought it. I will be able to see over the next couple days and will update with my input for sure.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Gear 2: Loving it!

    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    Long story short, I have not been able to test fully yet because I have been on the road since I bought it. I will be able to see over the next couple days and will update with my input for sure.
    thanks
    Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Gear 2: Loving it!

    I am sure you will get different responses, but mine is 43% battery power remaining as of 11:18p est, started the day with it since 8a, had the music played sporadically, answered 5 calls, 20 texts, and random play with the interface, so basically your average use. It seems 5-10% more power than the G1.

    Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Gear 2: Loving it!

    I might get mine this week but I need to test it out and try it before buying it becuz I already have the GG1.
    My laptop took a dump this past week so I had to hold off on the Gear 2 and to be honest I'm not in a hurry.
  8. #8  
    Gix1k's Avatar

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

    Default Re: Gear 2: Loving it!

    Good to know. I had to order online. That watch is no where locally
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Gear 2: Loving it!

    Quote Originally Posted by worldsoutro View Post
    How bad does your phones battery drain?
    My report back after this week, is that it last a solid 3 days with pretty heavy use, auto on when I raise my wrist, take a couple calls on it. I have been really happy with the battery life.
  10. #10  
    Vitamin AK's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    1 Global Posts

    Default Re: Gear 2: Loving it!

    Making sure the Pedometer is off, and turning off the raise gesture will increase battery life a bit. i've gone from 100% to 75% on the G2 in 17 hours with this method. Previously the screen turned on everytime i turned my wrist from anything but a standing position.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Gear 2: Loving it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin AK View Post
    Making sure the Pedometer is off, and turning off the raise gesture will increase battery life a bit. i've gone from 100% to 75% on the G2 in 17 hours with this method. Previously the screen turned on everytime i turned my wrist from anything but a standing position.
    That's funny that you find it turns on easily, while some reviewers have slammed the watch for not turning on (using what they supposedly think is the correct movement) upon most of their attempts. This is why I like to read forums before I buy something, as reviewers' findings are not the end all and be all.
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2
  12. #12  
    audri50's Avatar

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

    Default Re: Gear 2: Loving it!

    Mine turns on constantly and I WAS disappointed in battery life at first. Then I realized the battery on the 1st watch seemed to drain faster after 30%. It would go from 30 to 6 in no time at all. This one doesnt do that. I have been charging it to much and need to relax a little. My day starts at 4:30 am and often doesnt end until maybe 11:00 pm and after 19 hours of moderate use I still have between 36-40% and that is with motion on.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Gear 2: Loving it!

    Absolutely Love it !! The more I use it, the better I like it. Glad I held off on the Galaxy Gear the first time, and really enjoying the Tizen system. It is a perfect complement to my Note 3, and keeps me from carrying the Note 3 constantly at my desk job (I can roam around the work area without missing any calls/notifications)! I'm sure more apps will further enhance the user experience as Samsung and other developers offer them.

Similar Threads

  1. Incoming Call From --Turn it off?
    By janw75 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-17-2014, 05:06 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-31-2014, 09:42 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-15-2014, 09:29 PM
  4. HTC One (M8): Hate and Love
    By SeanBlader in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-13-2014, 01:47 PM
  5. Bought a rooted sprint galaxy s4 and would like to stock It out.
    By ESA85 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2014, 08:18 AM

Posting Permissions