Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Video Player App

Has anyone come across a video player app for the Gear 2? I understand the watch has h.264 support.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Default Re: Video Player App

Sorry I have not heard of any yet.

Posted via Android Central App

I've been scouring the net on this question myself, but hadn't come across one yet either. I was also certain that it could handle videos, I even pulled up the specs again for the GG2 Neo, and it states right in there that it does allow for multiple video formats.. I just awaiting patiently for someone or samsung to create one.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I haven't actually connected my watch to my PC yet so I'm not familiar with the folder structure on it.

But would it not be possible to just drop a .MP4 file meeting the supported file specs into the Gallery folder and see if it plays back?

The Neo doesn't have a video camera but the Gallery app is on it and shares the same hardware as the non-Neo watch.

I believe the video is 720p the built camera shoots.

Maybe someone could use the free MediaInfo PC app to check the exact file specs of the video files the camera creates.

Just a thought...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Civuck View Post
    I haven't actually connected my watch to my PC yet so I'm not familiar with the folder structure on it.

But would it not be possible to just drop a .MP4 file meeting the supported file specs into the Gallery folder and see if it plays back?

The Neo doesn't have a video camera but the Gallery app is on it and shares the same hardware as the non-Neo watch.

I believe the video is 720p the builtin camera shoots.

Maybe someone could use the free MediaInfo PC app to check the exact file specs of the video files the camera creates.

Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Civuck View Post
    Has anyone come across a video player app for the Gear 2? I understand the watch has h.264 support.
    Hi there... I just recently figured out how you can watch videos on the Gear2 Neo.

1. Make sure you have either this, Video Converter. Convert avi wmv mov & more with Video Conversion Software or something similar, that will allow you to change the format to .mp4 and using the encoder .H264 , then change the screen ratio to proportional which should be 640 x 480.

2. Convert your file.

3. plug your watch into your computer and make sure USB debugging is checked on the watch. This can be found by, going to the watch menu settings, then scroll all the way down, to Gear Info, then check the box that says "USB Debugging".

4. now your watch should show up as a drive or as a media device, then click into it and navigate to the "Video" folder.

5. now you should be able to send the video you converted in to that video folder.

6. once completed, go into your "Gallery" icon on the watch and once you tap on it, you will and should see your new video, whether it a short clip or a smaller file size of a full length movie.

have fun and enjoy.

The Gallery work around is "OK" for now...but not great...I don't like how there's little to no control over your video. If you exit the app there's no "resume where left off or anything"

I too am very much wanting a video app for gear 2...or a full conversion back to Android. Enough of the Tizen crap *FAIL*