Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mickeylittle
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default observations of Gear 2 Neo use

So I hit my goal of 10K steps yesterday. As a male at 260lbs on my profile it shows me as burning 470 calories and walking a little over 4.5 miles. On Runkeeper android app I burn about 140+ calories/mile when walking so I should be getting 630 calories. I usually get about 2000 steps/mile but I'll confirm that later today.

Also went on a 45 minute drive highway/city and the Gear 2 neo did not register any steps. nice!

Had phone set to 10second display timeout. Display level 4. Bluetooth on 24/7. 1 quick "watch" call. Setup the WatchOn app for my set top box and TV and played with the IR blaster for a few minutes. Display turns on with arm movement. Getting full notifications and check emails, texts, and other notifications on watch. ran for 44 hours after full charge and battery now at 27%. As far as notifications I think it is good for checking after you are done completing a task like sleeping, washing dishes, etc otherwise my phone is always nearby so not sure if I will indefinitely run BT on the watch.

I used a Body Media Fit last year to track weight loss of 45lbs over 6 months but got sick of wearing an armband 24/7 so I am happy with this product so far as a possible replacement. The BMF comes with a $10/month subscription and although the spreadsheets and software is amazing, I find it overpriced with the available apps and websites out there.
    Last edited by LewdTenant; 04-13-2014 at 08:36 AM. Reason: updated activities performed on phone

Default Re: observations of Gear 2 Neo use

I'm 240 lbs myself. Does the original watchband fit your wrist or did you have to find a replacement watchband? If it does fit is it in the very last hole? Thanks!

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

Depends, just because you're 240lbs doesn't necessary mean you have a thick wrist, my friend weighs about that much but his wrist is not much thicker then mine and I'm only 180 lbs I know the band is got quite a bit of holes to adjust for wrist length.

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

Battery use is much better then the original Gear, I gauged it today, usually after a normal days use, my G1 was down to about 50/60% by about 5 pm, my Neo is sitting at 85% today by 5 PM, so it's better but I wouldn't say it's 3x better.

Just moved mine to the last hole. Closed interior circumference is 7.5"
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by lizardchest View Post
    Just moved mine to the last hole. Closed interior circumference is 7.5"
    I tried on the Gear 2 display model at my local Best Buy today. I moved the clasp to the last hole and still couldn't get it to close on my wrist. I am 6'2" and relatively normal build. I just measured my wrist and it's almost 8" around.

I have never had a watch or an aftermarket band that wouldn't fit me, so why would Samsung think that everyone that would wear their watches are small people like themselves?
    Thanked by:

I just measured my wrist and I get an even 8 inches as well so I'll be out of luck with the stock watchband as well. $200 Neo or $300 Gear 2 and they couldn't include a standard length watchband! I hate this because the stock band stands the watch up very nicely when you set it on a table to charge.
    JimSmith94 likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I'm to the very last hole on my band to fit comfortably. The HR monitor function rarely works for me even after cleaning and readjusting. I have only tried it on my left wrist. My wrist is mostly bone at 7 5/8inch. Any fat I have is mostly on my torso 260lbs 6'2"