Galaxy s3 no "Gear Manager" app in Samsung apps

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Just looking for someone else with my problem. I have a gear neo. I downloaded the gear manager apk from another site and it works, but my samsung app store doesn't recognize my phone as compatible with gear apps. I can't get anything in the samsung app store. I'm running stock 4.3. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I would go to manage apps and clear cache of the Gear Manager you have and uninstall. Do the same for your Samsung Apps - uninstall. Reboot your device. Then go to
http://content.samsung.com/mobile/US/contents/aboutn/appsMobileIntro.do and download the most current version of Samsung Apps. (I have the Note 3 and it is set to automatically update Samsung apps, but even so, while looking into this for you I realized I was using an old version.) Once you have a new, clean install of Samsung Apps, take a look and see if Gear Manager is present. Hope this helps. Let us know?

Posted via Android Central App

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.
I don't see an option to uninstall Samsung Apps, just uninstall updates. Do you mean uninstall updates and clear cache for Samsung Apps?- along with clearing cache and uninstalling my Gear Manager app.

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Uninstal updates if that is all it will let you do. You may want to reset your device as well. Go to settings and then Reset Gear. Then turn off your Gear. Try the steps I mentioned and once you have an up to date gear manager turn on your device and connect via the usual process. Good luck.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Ok. Cleared caches, uninstalled Gear Manager, uninstalled updates to Samsung Apps, followed link, downloaded Samsung Apps, install "unsuccessful"(due to it already being on my phone), open Samsung Apps-Version 14040104.21.007.1, and....no Gear Manager app.

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
If your watch is connected to an old version of Gear Manager, can you open up Gear Manager and see your paired device listed there. If so, click on the device and a menu should open. There is an option there called "Software Update." This applied to the current Gear Manager at least. If this doesn't work, I'm out of ideas. Sorry.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Watch is up to date. Phone is up to date. Samsung Apps is up to date. Can only get two out of three to play nice with each other at a time.
I appreciate your help! Sounds like US Cell is replacing my phone for free due to antenna issue, according to a text from them an hour ago. Good timing and I hope it fixes this issue, as well as the antenna,

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I have been tweeting @samsungsupport for the last week and a half. They are stumped and tell me they are following up/forwarding to another department for review. Oddly, Samsung support when I call says the Gear 2 does not support the Galaxy S3. Tweet them, different story. All documentation I've seen says GS3 is supported. Android 4.3 is supported. Let's pretend that the GS3 is not compatible with the Gear 2. It's still compatible with the Galaxy Gear, right??? Yet there is no Gear Manager app when I search in the Samsung Apps store. I am on US Cellular and they haven't released an update to KitKat yet for my S3. (I am an update *****, so everything is as current as possible)

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Some believe it to be coming: Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Details For Samsung Galaxy S3 Revealed: i9300, i9305, i747, i535 & More (SCH-R530 is US Cellular version)
I take all these reports with a spoonful of salt....but if I can't hope, what do I have left???? ;)

Update: Samsung's latest troubleshooting is a factory reset with no guarantee of it fixing the problem, just a guarantee of lost data. :( Since I'm upgrading my phone soon anyhow, time to flood Dropbox with a few gigs of pics and data. I'll post again when I have reset and (hopefully) have the problem solved!

And I appreciate all the ideas/help you've already given me, Jackson!

Last edited:

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
ARRGGH!! No go with a reflash of OS @ BB. Sammy Support blames US Cell, US Cell says it's a Sammy Support issue. Bout to write a whiskey-fueled email to Sammy expressing my displeasure.... At least I have the backdoor apk install option, but no access to apps. :mad:
Serenity now!!!

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Holy ****!!! After a factory reset and reflash, still unable to legitimately download GM. BUT, when I swipe the app from another site, I can access the Sammy App store!!! Too bad I started on the whiskey already.... will still send email... lol

Last edited:

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I noticed I had an update from Samsung Apps this am. It was Gear Manager! So it recognized that I had it installed, even though the initial install was from another source.
Little different interface on the phone app now. Now see Sleep Genius in store.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Got my replacement S3 in the mail yesterday. Setting it up now. Hope it pairs seamlessly and shows all the new apps!!

UPDATE: Success! New phone able to download Gear Manager from Samsung Apps. Just one more factory reset on the gear and I should be good to go.

Last edited:

Bhaskar Bhate

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
having the same problem... i have a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini... will the Watch run on that?? i didnt find and Gear manager in the Samsung Applications

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234