Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Install custom ringtones and notification sounds on the gear 2 Neo??

I could do this with my original Galaxy Gear but has anyone figure out how to install your own ring/notify tones on the Gear 2 Neo's? I can see the G2 Neo content, have tried creating /Notifications and /Ringtones and putting the files in there still no luck, would love to know how to do this if possible, if not, I hope Samsung will fix this in the next update. Customizing tones is huge these days, I can't imagine not allowing end-users to do this. Also, Watch Styler doesn't work anymore and I loved making my own faces, I know this is because of the Tizen OS but there's gotta be a way. Other then these issues, the G2 Neo is a wicked watch.

Thx in advance!

Damen

Default Re: Install custom ringtones and notification sounds on the gear 2 Neo??

LOVE IT! I returned my gear first gen and went with gear 2 neo (could care less about camera) and loving it!! I got 50.00 off to through ATT (ONLY) For signing up for free IRIS prepaid American express debit card so out the door was 152.00 WOOT! Saved 50.00!
    Now hoping a root method come soon to load custom watch faces. Anyone know how?

How do you install custom ringtones with the 1st Gen Galaxy Gear?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Install custom ringtones and notification sounds on the gear 2 Neo??

I am a Gear developer and I was surprised to read in the SDK that Ringtone folder is read only (also hidden) and therefore you can't add more ringtones sadly