Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Recommend Bluetooth Headphones for use with Gear 2

I know Bluetooth isn't the best for sound quality versus wired, but given the Gear 2 can communicate directly with a headset without requiring a phone, I would like to take advantage of that.

I'm particularly interested in fitness category recommendations.

Thanks.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Default Re: Recommend Bluetooth Headphones for use with Gear 2

If you have the $, jaybird blue buds...link included, I love them.

Jaybird: Bluetooth Headphones, Bluetooth Headset, Bluetooth Earbuds, Bluebuds x

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Haw are they in the rain I see the headphones are sweat proof. I just tested the Gear 2 running in the rain and it did great!

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    markbc 

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

It's awesome. These don't slip out, they have rubber inserts (not the buds) that affix to your ear. Go get them at best buy, try them out..if you don't like them you can get a refund. I can't say enough good things about them, and they also allow for hands free conversation, sounds good too.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

LG Tone Pro (HBS-750). Got mines from Verizon. They have dual device pairing. So far I was using them with my Note 3 and Surface Pro 2. It is awesome to watch a movie (or Youtube video) on Surface, having call come in on Note 3 - movie is automatically paused, call answered, call ends - movie resumes. You can dual-pair them with your Samsung phone and Gear 2. I had original LG Tone (HBS-700) - they are great as well. I just wore them so much that wire on one of the buds rubbed against clothing and lost sound.

Amazon.com: LG Electronics Tone Ultra (HBS-800) Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

I use the LG Tone Ultra's and they are excellent I use them while riding my motorcycle and when I am around town commuting on the bus/train. They are great!

Quote Originally Posted by bendernyc View Post
    If you have the $, jaybird blue buds...link included, I love them.

Jaybird: Bluetooth Headphones, Bluetooth Headset, Bluetooth Earbuds, Bluebuds x
    I second the jaybirds. Worth every penny spent

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xm_jdm View Post
    Amazon.com: LG Electronics Tone Ultra (HBS-800) Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

I use the LG Tone Ultra's and they are excellent I use them while riding my motorcycle and when I am around town commuting on the bus/train. They are great!
    LOVE my Tones - I was blow drying my hair with them in the other day, could barely hear the blow dryer..
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quick follow up as OP:

I'm giving the BlueAnt PUMP HD sports buds a test drive. A number of decent reviews around the web.

They fit very securely and come with several different seal tip sizes including Comply ones.
    The PUMP is waterproof and has 100ft range.
    Can update this thread when I've spent more time with them.

I was also considering Plantronics Backbeat Fit but it hasnt been released yet.
    Thanked by:
    markbc 

I have the previous version of the Blue Buds & Love them!

Quote Originally Posted by buzzy3970 View Post
    I second the jaybirds. Worth every penny spent

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

Holy crap! They're all close to more than half the price of the Gear 2 neo. ... i'd never pay that much unless they're on sale for 49.99... Sorry guys I'm too cheap.

Posted via Android Central App

I have the LG Tone (HBS-730) and if I pair the headphone to my phone the Gear 2 disconnects, and if I paid the Gear 2, the headphones disconnect

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I have the Gear 2 and recently purchased the Jaybird Bluebuds X....when they work...they are awesome, but I am finding they disconnect often from the watch. Has anyone else had this experience? I wear my watch on my left wrist, and the first couple times working out with the bluebuds, I had the controls on my right ear. It seems like the connection would be lost every few minutes or so. Today, I've been doing other tests (switching ears, so control is closer to watch), walking away from the watch, etc...and it has worked better, but still losing connection one or two times....the music just stops, I check my watch and see the headphone symbol is gone. If I hit the play button, the headphones will reconnect and music will continue....but what a pain to have to keep hitting play on my watch throughout my workout....suggestions?

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barbidoll75 View Post
    I have the Gear 2 and recently purchased the Jaybird Bluebuds X....when they work...they are awesome, but I am finding they disconnect often from the watch. Has anyone else had this experience? I wear my watch on my left wrist, and the first couple times working out with the bluebuds, I had the controls on my right ear. It seems like the connection would be lost every few minutes or so. Today, I've been doing other tests (switching ears, so control is closer to watch), walking away from the watch, etc...and it has worked better, but still losing connection one or two times....the music just stops, I check my watch and see the headphone symbol is gone. If I hit the play button, the headphones will reconnect and music will continue....but what a pain to have to keep hitting play on my watch throughout my workout....suggestions?
    I'm not sure if the Bluebuds are the same as the other Jaybird products. But, I have the Freedom's, and they specifically recommend keeping the bluetooth device on the right side of the body, as it's the right earpiece that has the antenna in it. They state you may have a decrease in signal and may experience dropouts if you put the device on the left side of the body.

I generally do ok wherever it is at, but I do get the occasional sputter when I put my phone on a beltclip on my left side.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts