Music Player, Media Controller, and Bluetooth Headset

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
It seems the Music Player is the pre-installed stand alone mp3 player. The Media Controller, separate from the Music Player, plays the music and is not stand alone. Am I right on this, guys?

Also, I just noticed the blutooth headset can't simultaneously work with the phone AND the Music Player at the same time. You either need to disconnect one to make the other one work. For example, you can't simply click on 'Play via BT' while using the Music Player until you disconnect the same BT Headset from your phone, an annoying extra step. Anyone has a similar issue? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

steezlamf

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I haven't tried yet (I will later today) but that seems obvious.
The Music Player on the watch and your music on your phone are two totally separate bluetooth devices. You're going to have to disconnect to switch between the two.

Media Controller just allows for control of the music your PHONE is playing, NOT the Music Player on the Gear2. That has its own controls, right there on the watch.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Right, I discovered that as mentioned in my post. I just think the extra step to go to setting to disconnect is an annoying extra step. Hopefully a future update would let you simply switch and connect or reconnect without the fuss of disconnecting the BT headset altogether.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Just my experience only, hopefully someone with a different experience can give you a better answer.

I can simultaneously take calls and use Media Control via BT headset with a simple switch, but I can't with Music Player to take calls via BT headset.

Although an annoyance, I leave the phone in my gym locker, and just listen to my music through Music Player, so I won't get calls during my workouts.

Edit: It seems the intention of using BT headset simultaneously with taking calls and listening to music is with Media Control, not with Music Player.

Last edited:

dimakan

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
All above is correct. You need to have multipoint BT headset to achieve the functionality you are looking for. Such BT headsets do exist. For example, I use LG HBS-750, also known as LG Tone Pro. They can pair with two devices at the same time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03