- 6 Posts
Gear 2 Backup Location
So we can use our G2 on more than one phone, but we have to reset the G2 to do it. I would like to use my work phone during the week and my personal phone on weekends/vacation. There's a backup and restore function, so it should be possible to do a backup while connected to device A, then reset and do a restore to the backup made while on device B. The problem is I can't seem to locate where the actual backup file is stored. We would need to be able to saved the backup file in another folder for later use. Does anyone know where to find & relocate the backup file? Thanks!
- 10-22-2014, 04:47 PM #2
- 01-27-2016, 04:27 AM #3
Re: Gear 2 Backup Location
Ah great, so without ROOTING your phone there is no way to move a Samsung Gear S2 to a new (non-Samsung) phone WITHOUT wiping it all out completely and losing all your settings.
Absolutely brilliant this is - NOT.
The backup data should sync with my Samsung account and on my new phone it should be possible to download and restore it.
Backing up to the local phone, which is to be replace (hence resetting the Gear) is completely and utterly useless.
Really sick of Samsung. It's the last device I'll be buying from them.
- 02-11-2016, 08:26 PM #4
- 02-13-2016, 05:51 PM #5
- By C350xander in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 3Last Post: 05-12-2016, 05:34 PM
- By Kyle Gregory in forum Samsung Galaxy GearReplies: 13Last Post: 02-18-2016, 11:00 PM
- By DonB in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 6Last Post: 04-21-2014, 09:30 PM
- By Fandombatched in forum Samsung Galaxy S IIReplies: 0Last Post: 04-14-2014, 09:58 PM
- By Nika Lomtadze in forum Samsung Galaxy GearReplies: 0Last Post: 04-14-2014, 05:49 PM