Neo problems...

R Hitch

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Today I got my Gear 2 Neo but I seem to be having problems with it. After getting it to sync and turn on with my S5 it seems to work fine but once it goes into sleep/standby/screen turns off etc it becomes unresponsive and desyncs. ATM I have been trying to get it to turn back on and am having no luck (yes its charged). Its happened a few times where ive had to try hold the power button down and get it to reset but that isnt working now :(

Do you think I have a dud and should go back to the shop tomorrow or am I doing something wrong ?

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
That sounds like a pretty fatal issue. That said, my buddy couldn't stay paired and he started clean and has had no problems since. So you may try starting everything fresh. Go to Bluetooth and unpair your Gear manually. Go to manage apps on your S5 and uninstall all apps with a Gear icon.... There should be about 8 or so. It won't let you remove Gear Manager, but there may be updates you can uninstall. Then reboot your S5. While the phone is rebooting go to your Gear and do a master reset by going to settings then "reset gear." Open Gear Manager (the fresh one you reverted to) on your S5, install any updates it wants you and start fresh like everything was just out of the box. If that isn't 100% successful, it's undoubtedly the Gear and I would get it replaced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34