Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

Default Somewhat disappointed

I just received my Neo yesterday and am really liking it. One thing I was hoping it would do (and I found out today that it wouldn't) is track calories burnt while doing Tai Chi. I turned it on to the walking app (closest activity) and the heart rate monitor would change during the practice but it registered zero steps. The pedometer also registered zero steps. I was hoping by the fluctuation in the heart rate that it would register calories burnt but I guess it doesn't. Maybe the Gear 4, 5 or 6 Neo will. It would have been interesting to have the heart rate monitor on for 24 hours and see how many calories were burnt over the course of an average day.

Default Re: Somewhat disappointed

While I get your frustration I just dont think the technology for heart rate trackers is there quite yet on any device. They are all temperamental and don't always register consistent results. Mine works about 80% of the time. I am with you though, the time when I want to use it the most it fails more often...I run on the treadmill and use an elliptical. It definitely wont work while running or moving...and once sweaty I get an error to clean the sensor alot of the time.

Mio link, set to be released tomorrow, seems to be there with the technology. Come on Samsung/Tizen/Whoever!

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

The Mio is interesting. The make it or break it for me will be when I get to use the Neo on my bike. The weather should cooperate for me this weekend and I will get to see how well it works. I'm definitely liking it as a watch.