We need apps! Starbucks???

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm bored and close to returning this watch. Apparently Samsung will be releasing an Android watch version later this year vs. Tizen. Even a small company like Pebble has been able to develop an established app store with more than the dinky no name apps that samsung is pushing on gear manager. With Google wear coming out and a potential iwatch, I'm curious how many will make the leap to something else or go back to another platform. Sorry to vent :(

Posted via Android Central App

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, we are early adopters. With Samsung releasing a google wear later on, I fear lack of support for the long run. We will get more apps coming in slowly but once a good google wear comes out I will jump ship. Google wear will probably explode with apps in its first year

I'm bored and close to returning this watch. Apparently Samsung will be releasing an Android watch version later this year vs. Tizen. Even a small company like Pebble has been able to develop an established app store with more than the dinky no name apps that samsung is pushing on gear manager. With Google wear coming out and a potential iwatch, I'm curious how many will make the leap to something else or go back to another platform. Sorry to vent :(

dimakan

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Completely agree. I am torn, too. I like hardware on Gear 2, but software is even worse than pathetic. I wonder, though, if Gear 2 can be switched to Google Wear, similar to how Samsung is now switching original Gear from Android to Tizen.

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Good point. I wonder if they will allow for a new os on same hardware once wear releases. Very beta. I picked up a Pebble yesterday to try...wow...not too shabby and lots of great apps!

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Good point. I wonder if they will allow for a new os on same hardware once wear releases. Very beta. I picked up a Pebble yesterday to try...wow...not too shabby and lots of great apps!

What was Samsung thinking? Instead of keeping up with Android and having apps already for Gear2 they decided to go on tizen....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar