Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default We need apps! Starbucks???

I'm bored and close to returning this watch. Apparently Samsung will be releasing an Android watch version later this year vs. Tizen. Even a small company like Pebble has been able to develop an established app store with more than the dinky no name apps that samsung is pushing on gear manager. With Google wear coming out and a potential iwatch, I'm curious how many will make the leap to something else or go back to another platform. Sorry to vent

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: We need apps! Starbucks???

Yeah, we are early adopters. With Samsung releasing a google wear later on, I fear lack of support for the long run. We will get more apps coming in slowly but once a good google wear comes out I will jump ship. Google wear will probably explode with apps in its first year

Quote Originally Posted by U4icLab View Post
    I'm bored and close to returning this watch. Apparently Samsung will be releasing an Android watch version later this year vs. Tizen. Even a small company like Pebble has been able to develop an established app store with more than the dinky no name apps that samsung is pushing on gear manager. With Google wear coming out and a potential iwatch, I'm curious how many will make the leap to something else or go back to another platform. Sorry to vent

Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Completely agree. I am torn, too. I like hardware on Gear 2, but software is even worse than pathetic. I wonder, though, if Gear 2 can be switched to Google Wear, similar to how Samsung is now switching original Gear from Android to Tizen.

After using it for two days it feels more like a beta product
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Good point. I wonder if they will allow for a new os on same hardware once wear releases. Very beta. I picked up a Pebble yesterday to try...wow...not too shabby and lots of great apps!

Quote Originally Posted by U4icLab View Post
    Good point. I wonder if they will allow for a new os on same hardware once wear releases. Very beta. I picked up a Pebble yesterday to try...wow...not too shabby and lots of great apps!

What was Samsung thinking? Instead of keeping up with Android and having apps already for Gear2 they decided to go on tizen....
    Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?