Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why 15 seconds recording for the video ?

Or is there a way around it ? I thought with 4GB on board they could do that ...

Default Re: Why 15 seconds recording for the video ?

Quote Originally Posted by bigmouthmedia View Post
    Or is there a way around it ? I thought with 4GB on board they could do that ...
    I completely agree with you! With 4GB of storage space for mp3 songs etc., there should be no problem with recording much more video than 15 seconds. I personally am really disappointed with the Gear 2. I still enjoy my Gear 1 much more, especially with the over 150+ different watch faces available via the Watch Styler app (which doesn't even exist on the Gear 2 due to Tizen, which I also HATE).

In addition to looking at the HIDEOUS/limited watch faces that came with the Gear 2, I also cannot get mines to pick up ANY notifications since it instantly crashes every time I select "notifications" from the Gear Manager due to having a few hundred apps & games which appears to overload the memory allocated to GM according to Samsung tech support.

If there is no software update for the Gear 2 within the next few days I may just return this $300 paper weight!

That's my 2 cents.

Records in 720P. 4GB is not a lot of space. Makes sense to me.

You should be able to record alot more than 15 seconds with a 4gb
    Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman8888 View Post
    I completely agree with you! With 4GB of storage space for mp3 songs etc., there should be no problem with recording much more video than 15 seconds. I personally am really disappointed with the Gear 2. I still enjoy my Gear 1 much more, especially with the over 150+ different watch faces available via the Watch Styler app (which doesn't even exist on the Gear 2 due to Tizen, which I also HATE).

In addition to looking at the HIDEOUS/limited watch faces that came with the Gear 2, I also cannot get mines to pick up ANY notifications since it instantly crashes every time I select "notifications" from the Gear Manager due to having a few hundred apps & games which appears to overload the memory allocated to GM according to Samsung tech support.

If there is no software update for the Gear 2 within the next few days I may just return this $300 paper weight!

That's my 2 cents.
    Do you feel better?

I had the Galaxy Gear the day of its launch and it was an absolute train wreck. Zero good stuff available and technical problems like mad. This did eventually get better, but you know what it took to make that happen? TIME AND PATIENCE. It appears these are not your strengths, and if I am correct in that, I recommend you return your Gear 2. The device has been on the market 6 days for crying out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by JacksonEdwardHarrison View Post
    Do you feel better?

I had the Galaxy Gear the day of its launch and it was an absolute train wreck. Zero good stuff available and technical problems like mad. This did eventually get better, but you know what it took to make that happen? TIME AND PATIENCE. It appears these are not your strengths, and if I am correct in that, I recommend you return your Gear 2. The device has been on the market 6 days for crying out loud.
    I have to completely agree with Batman and the other frustrated folks... The GG has only been out for 7 months before G2. What was Samsung's rush for a new one? To beat out all the competitors who announced wearables? Well, it clearly wasn't ready for prime time... yet again... just as the GG wasn't. If you make all this hype about all these awesome apps and features, and you don't deliver, there will be frustrated customers. I love Samsung products. Have a few TV's, phones and even a fridge. Haven't had any issues with any of their other products. If you ask me though, they screwed the pooch on the wearables. I'm not buying the whole "early adopters" argument either. That should have been resolved with the original GG. The point of subsequent iterations is to correct the issues associated with previous versions. Wasn't Gear Manager not even available yet upon product release? They should have taken some more time to test their merchandise on their own dime... not their innocent and loyal customers who keep them in business. Apparently, time and patience aren't Samsung's strengths either.

Not even sure why you're so mad, unless you are part of the design team for the G2 and you've taken offense to it.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by itinj6 View Post
    Not even sure why you're so mad, unless you are part of the design team for the G2 and you've taken offense to it.

Posted via Android Central App
    I'm not mad at all. I was simply offering advice to a guy who said he "HATED" the "HIDEOUS" Gear 2. I suggested he take it back because it is giving him such terrible anxiety.

I agree with some of your arguments “itinj6.“ I wish Samsung had a flawless launch. They should have known better. Undoubtedly. However my frustration does not rise to the level of the venom many here are spewing. If folks don't like it, take it back. It's a pretty simle and elegant solution.