Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By haus
  • 1 Post By raremage
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What kind of reaction do you get from people?

I love the reaction I have gotten from some people at work... What is that a **** Tracy watch
    Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?

Default Re: What kind of reaction do you get from people?

Quote Originally Posted by worldsoutro View Post
    I love the reaction I have gotten from some people at work... What is that a **** Tracy watch
    haha, I have heard that a few times too. lol People are pretty dang impressed, that is for sure!

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

I get a lot of comments on the Gear 1. People comment positively on it (some before they know what it is). Then I explain that it can show me texts, emails, make phone calls, and take awesomely cute close up photos of my dog's nose and they look at their iPhones with a sad face. "I guess it doesn't work with my phone, does it".

Quote Originally Posted by worldsoutro View Post
    The circle I roll with expect me to have the latest gadget or toy so from them I don't hear much about the latest thing that I have anymore. Random people I encounter with out in the field usually don't say anything but do look at it with curiosity.

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts

Had it on for the first time yesterday, got 3 double takes from men and 2 from women..one little girl whispered, "she's typing on her watch, mama" - (I wasn't typing, just swiping..) Ha! Pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Xm_jdm View Post
    The circle I roll with expect me to have the latest gadget or toy so from them I don't hear much about the latest thing that I have anymore. Random people I encounter with out in the field usually don't say anything but do look at it with curiosity.
    I'm in a similar situation, but the people who know me still want to see the tech in real life. It's kind of the "does it really do that" effect. I still have the original Gear, so I doubt that I will get many different reactions when I get the Gear 2.

I do get some reactions from strangers, mostly in the form of questions. More people than I thought were familiar with the Gear from the commercials.

I typically get two reactions.

It starts with "Hey, is that one of those smart watch things...?"

Followed quickly by either "I want one!" or "What's it good for? How do you use it?"

I'm firmly on the "expect it to be a companion device and you will love it," bandwagon so I jump into my never miss a reminder, see who's calling, pedometer, heart rate monitor, music controls story. Most folks seem swayed,but I think of the Gear 2 as sort of like timeshare - its not for everyone.
    ihbsbA likes this.

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts

Mine was a totally frivolous birthday present, definitely a companion device - and a little bit of overkill, but WAY COOL and I've enjoyed it.... I'll take good care of it and sell it when they get one with a curved display. This big honkin' square sitting on my wrist took some getting used to. (I'm female)