What kind of reaction do you get from people?

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I get a lot of comments on the Gear 1. People comment positively on it (some before they know what it is). Then I explain that it can show me texts, emails, make phone calls, and take awesomely cute close up photos of my dog's nose and they look at their iPhones with a sad face. "I guess it doesn't work with my phone, does it".

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I love the reaction I have gotten from some people at work... What is that a **** Tracy watch :)

The circle I roll with expect me to have the latest gadget or toy so from them I don't hear much about the latest thing that I have anymore. Random people I encounter with out in the field usually don't say anything but do look at it with curiosity.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Had it on for the first time yesterday, got 3 double takes from men and 2 from women..one little girl whispered, "she's typing on her watch, mama" - (I wasn't typing, just swiping..) Ha! Pretty fun.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
The circle I roll with expect me to have the latest gadget or toy so from them I don't hear much about the latest thing that I have anymore. Random people I encounter with out in the field usually don't say anything but do look at it with curiosity.

I'm in a similar situation, but the people who know me still want to see the tech in real life. It's kind of the "does it really do that" effect. I still have the original Gear, so I doubt that I will get many different reactions when I get the Gear 2.

I do get some reactions from strangers, mostly in the form of questions. More people than I thought were familiar with the Gear from the commercials.

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I typically get two reactions.

It starts with "Hey, is that one of those smart watch things...?"

Followed quickly by either "I want one!" or "What's it good for? How do you use it?"

I'm firmly on the "expect it to be a companion device and you will love it," bandwagon so I jump into my never miss a reminder, see who's calling, pedometer, heart rate monitor, music controls story. Most folks seem swayed,but I think of the Gear 2 as sort of like timeshare - its not for everyone.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine was a totally frivolous birthday present, definitely a companion device - and a little bit of overkill, but WAY COOL and I've enjoyed it.... I'll take good care of it and sell it when they get one with a curved display. This big honkin' square sitting on my wrist took some getting used to. (I'm female)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith