weird question.... Anyone take a shower with their gear 2?

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Someone said he did, the speaker got very wet (apparently because he tried music in the shower). The device's speaker stopped working until it dried out. It's not recommended by Samsung however. IP67 is water resistant, not waterproof. Personally speaking, it's not worth the risk.

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Seems like a watch in the shower would hinder my washing abilities or bother me at the least. Usually when I want music in the shower, I blast my speakers from my computer. Non-conducive to the kids sleeping after 8 though. lol

Last edited:

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I forgot I had it on till I was almost done. So ..... I can say, yes, I did and no problems at all. It's been over 13 hours now and no side affects as of yet. I think it should be fine as long as your not drowning the watch continuously under the shower head. I'll do it again. My last watch was water resistant for up to 100 meters and after always having it on the last 6yrs. You don't even know it's there. And the Gear 2 is so much more lighter than my last watch I didn't even give it a thought this morning.

Posted via Android Central App

duingt

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Not , I use the Gear 2 undeder my Neopren Sweat for Kite surfing wqith out any problem. I wear my Gear 2 Under my Shower with no problem too. I doin't take all my shower with it. It's a very good Watch.

duingt

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Not , I use the Gear 2 undeder my Neopren Sweat for Kite surfing with out any problem. I wear my Gear 2 Under my Shower with no problem too. I doin't take all my shower with it. It's a very good Watch.

bigredgonzo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I know that this is an old thread, but reading it I thought I would throw this out. IP67 does not mean water resistant, it means waterproof for 30 minutes at less than 1 meter. So based on standards, the water from a shower shouldn't bother the watch. However, that doesn't account for soap, shampoo, etc..., which lower the surface tension of water and can cause it so seep into places that it would normally not go.

FWIW,
BigRedGonzo