Gear2 NEO Charging Dock

Phil Lewis1

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone been able to find a part number or been able to purchase a new charging dock/clip for the GEAR 2 Neo?
I called into Samsung last Friday and they were going to research it and get back to me, however Samsung cust. support seem to be very willing to drop this like a hot potato.
I'm keen to own 2 or 3. They are small enough that just one carried everywhere might get lost. I'm hoping they are not $40+ each.:-$

Phil

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been able to find a part number or been able to purchase a new charging dock/clip for the GEAR 2 Neo?
I called into Samsung last Friday and they were going to research it and get back to me, however Samsung cust. support seem to be very willing to drop this like a hot potato.
I'm keen to own 2 or 3. They are small enough that just one carried everywhere might get lost. I'm hoping they are not $40+ each.:-$

Phil

I called Samsung about this and they are not available for sale yet. The phone rep said he was unsure when they would be.

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
They are small enough that just one carried everywhere might get lost. I'm hoping they are not $40+ each.:-$

Phil

Until they are on the market, I'm taking a cue from Flossy Carter and unplugging the charger but leaving the dock attached to the charging cord at all times. And I am placing both pieces in a pet-free zone.

Phil Lewis1

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I charged my watch last night using a standard USB charger and it had no probs. There maybe some magic in the dock but the USB charger seems to be very standard.

RobertoGSanchez

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
How could you possibly use a standard USB charger for the watch? I don't understand, i've already lost my charging dock/clip and am looking for a replacement

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
They meant they were using a usb cable that was not provided in the box with the Gear 2. They were still using the adapter clip.

Phil Lewis1

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
The wall zit charger is a separate item IMO from the clip on dock connector. In the galaxy Tab/Note charger there is some magic circuitry to try to make the charger and cable dedicated to the device it is readily worked around. It would not surprise me if the dock clip on the gear 2 also had circuitry built in to do the same. Testing so far indicates the charger is generic. No idea about the dock connector yet...

Posted via Android Central App

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Was the price $45 when you ordered? 1/4 the price of the entire watch currently!
Damn! I'm pretty sure it was $30 when the link was first posted. I thought that was almost too steep. Shoulda bought one then... I carry mine with me so the kids won't lose it.

dusty78

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Beware I'm pretty sure the dock for the gear 2 and gear 2 neo are different. I have both and I can't get them to interchange

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad