Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gear2 NEO Charging Dock

Has anyone been able to find a part number or been able to purchase a new charging dock/clip for the GEAR 2 Neo?
    I called into Samsung last Friday and they were going to research it and get back to me, however Samsung cust. support seem to be very willing to drop this like a hot potato.
    I'm keen to own 2 or 3. They are small enough that just one carried everywhere might get lost. I'm hoping they are not $40+ each.

Phil

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Default Re: Gear2 NEO Charging Dock

I sent an email to Samsung about the same thing - the Gear 2 Neo charging dock. They have not responded.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lewis1 View Post
    Has anyone been able to find a part number or been able to purchase a new charging dock/clip for the GEAR 2 Neo?
    I called into Samsung last Friday and they were going to research it and get back to me, however Samsung cust. support seem to be very willing to drop this like a hot potato.
    I'm keen to own 2 or 3. They are small enough that just one carried everywhere might get lost. I'm hoping they are not $40+ each.

Phil
    I called Samsung about this and they are not available for sale yet. The phone rep said he was unsure when they would be.

They are small enough that just one carried everywhere might get lost. I'm hoping they are not $40+ each.

Phil
    Until they are on the market, I'm taking a cue from Flossy Carter and unplugging the charger but leaving the dock attached to the charging cord at all times. And I am placing both pieces in a pet-free zone.
    rchapman80 and cdoyle2017 like this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I charged my watch last night using a standard USB charger and it had no probs. There maybe some magic in the dock but the USB charger seems to be very standard.
    raremage likes this.

I charged my watch last night using a standard USB charger and it had no probs. There maybe some magic in the dock but the USB charger seems to be very standard.
    Same here, using a standard USB charger seems to work fine.

How could you possibly use a standard USB charger for the watch? I don't understand, i've already lost my charging dock/clip and am looking for a replacement

They meant they were using a usb cable that was not provided in the box with the Gear 2. They were still using the adapter clip.
    sheilapratcher likes this.

Darn it, I thought maybe there was a way without the clip, if anyone finds a source online for one, pls post it up, my watch is now dead and not charging!

Lightbulb Re: Gear2 NEO Charging Dock

Hi, let me tell you where you can buy the charging dock of Gear2 NEO, Gear2 and Gear Fit.
    Just visit the eBay site below and you can buy it. eBay seller name is maxmall. Enjoy!!
    100 Genuine Samsung Gear 2 Gear 2 Neo Charging Dock Gear Fit Charging Cradle | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by Danny TK View Post
    Hi, let me tell you where you can buy the charging dock of Gear2 NEO, Gear2 and Gear Fit.
    Just visit the eBay site below and you can buy it. eBay seller name is maxmall. Enjoy!!
    100 Genuine Samsung Gear 2 Gear 2 Neo Charging Dock Gear Fit Charging Cradle | eBay
    Nice find. Ordered one.

Danny!! you're the man, i've been looking for days, thanks so much!!!
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

The wall zit charger is a separate item IMO from the clip on dock connector. In the galaxy Tab/Note charger there is some magic circuitry to try to make the charger and cable dedicated to the device it is readily worked around. It would not surprise me if the dock clip on the gear 2 also had circuitry built in to do the same. Testing so far indicates the charger is generic. No idea about the dock connector yet...

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Was the price $45 when you ordered? 1/4 the price of the entire watch currently!

Quote Originally Posted by kcguy76 View Post
    Was the price $45 when you ordered? 1/4 the price of the entire watch currently!
    Damn! I'm pretty sure it was $30 when the link was first posted. I thought that was almost too steep. Shoulda bought one then... I carry mine with me so the kids won't lose it.

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

Beware I'm pretty sure the dock for the gear 2 and gear 2 neo are different. I have both and I can't get them to interchange

lizardchest likes this.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Now up to 49.99. Each dock is different because they have a NFC chip within them.

No NFC in the watch!?!?!?! well, so much for mobile payments.

Quote Originally Posted by mustc View Post
    Not so fast.... PayPal Allows Paying With Samsung Gear | Wearables.com

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

I meant dimensionally different. My Neo cradle is too big for my Gear 2.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

This is where I got mine, much cheaper.

When you buy it off ebay he then emails you which model of the two you need.

It works perfectly and is Original Samsung.

Hope this helps.

Genuine Original Samsung GALAXY Gear 2 Neo Battery Case Cradle Dock Charger | eBay
    lizardchest and collett like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Asfalloth View Post
    This is where I got mine, much cheaper.

When you buy it off ebay he then emails you which model of the two you need.

It works perfectly and is Original Samsung.

Hope this helps.

Genuine Original Samsung GALAXY Gear 2 Neo Battery Case Cradle Dock Charger | eBay
    I checked on that listing, ended. More listings by same seller are at $39.99....

Quote Originally Posted by lizardchest View Post
    Not so fast? This actually puts us at a dead stop.

The PayPal solution uses Bluetooth and not NFC. NFC is used at all of the Card terminals that accept EMV, Paypass, tap And pay processing.
    Without that, we will not be able to use our watches for payment at CVS the way we can use our smart phones today.

Quote Originally Posted by mustc View Post
    Just sayin'. Mobile payments still possible. Not quite a "dead stop", but I agree, a step backwards.

The part number for the Gear 2 Neo charging cradle is: R381
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast