Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JacksonEdwardHarrison
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Who was in the focus group?

Seriously... I bought a gear 2 and wow it is completely annoying. Sending a message is a nightmare. I tell Svoice to send a message and it goes through a series of questions... "what would you like to say?" "Here is your message would you like to send it?" "I'm sorry I didn't get that" and if Svoice doesn't hear you it doesn't automatically restart listening you then have to click the mic icon again. Its frustrating and mine constantly timesout!!! That's just the first issue not to mention if I get a notification I can't just go into my messages and see it I have to open the notifications first.... and if i check the message on my gear 2 it doesn't count it as checked on my phone so my phone will still show I have a unread text. Samsung should've never put an IR blaster on this watch its totally pointless they could have used the extra saved space for a better piece of internal hardware and the million an one different T.V.'s they have saved could've been memory for applications most basically a calculator or more customization. If I was in the focus group I would have told them to never launch this watch in this condition.

Default Re: Who was in the focus group?

Havent had the time out issue with svoice, maybe I speak faster. I use the ir blaster and I believe it was mentioned that kitkat/google blocked 3rd party apps from clearing notifications from other apps. Calculator should have been standard.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by theguyjack View Post
    Samsung should've never put an IR blaster on this watch its totally pointless they could have used the extra saved space for a better piece of internal hardware and the million an one different T.V.'s they have saved could've been memory for applications most basically a calculator or more customization. If I was in the focus group I would have told them to never launch this watch in this condition.
    I use the IR blaster constantly. It's extremely convenient. Pointless? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
    Havent had the time out issue with svoice, maybe I speak faster. I use the ir blaster and I believe it was mentioned that kitkat/google blocked 3rd party apps from clearing notifications from other apps. Calculator should have been standard.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    My Gear 2 clears notifications on my Note 3 after I look at them on my watch. Are you saying I will lose that when Verizon gets around to getting Kitkat on my Note 3?
    ihbsbA likes this.

Global Posts
    591 Global Posts

I get the "I'm sorry I didn't get that" when I have a lot of background noise. I got the timeout, when I wss trying to send a novel via Svoice. It sucks to read that you are having a difficult time .

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JacksonEdwardHarrison View Post
    My Gear 2 clears notifications on my Note 3 after I look at them on my watch. Are you saying I will lose that when Verizon gets around to getting Kitkat on my Note 3?
    I just tested this on my S5. Clears it away on the phone just fine.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Xm_jdm View Post
    I just tested this on my S5. Clears it away on the phone just fine.
    I have the note 2 using all stock apps because I read third party apps mess with the gear 2's proper functioning. The watch does not clear the messages from my phone. Furthermore the gear 2 only receives about 90% of incoming notifications. Meaning if there are multiple messages coming in at once from various places be it Facebook, email, texts ill get the first few but then nothing and then realize that my phone says I have twice as many as my gear 2 does.... just disappointed the watch in theory has so much potential it just needs a proper infrastructure.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Xm_jdm View Post
    I use the IR blaster constantly. It's extremely convenient. Pointless? No.
    To each his own. But as a near 30 year old man I don't see the need for it, for me. Don't get me wrong its a neat party trick but aside from that it ain't much. It can power on my cable box but I can't see the guide nor record shows or use any major functions a dedicated remote uses, which when I'm watching t.v. is just a foot away. So therefore in my opinion the watch ir blaster is pointless.

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theguyjack View Post
    To each his own. But as a near 30 year old man I don't see the need for it, for me. Don't get me wrong its a neat party trick but aside from that it ain't much. It can power on my cable box but I can't see the guide nor record shows or use any major functions a dedicated remote uses, which when I'm watching t.v. is just a foot away. So therefore in my opinion the watch ir blaster is pointless.
    Interesting. I use the IR blaster all the time..and I'm a chick. It's more than a party trick, it's super convenient... esp when needing the mute function quickly when my phone rings.

As for your other issues, the messages are shown as 'read' on my Note 3 also - it receives 100% of notifications. Not sure what the problem is...

There are different expectations for different people, and the Gear 2 is not going to be everything to everyone. It's a companion device, it's designed to work hand-in-hand with your smartphone, not to replace it completely.

Ranting about how a calculator should be included rather than just installing one - and I could swear there was one, but maybe I did install one, since I dfinitely have one on my Gear 2 - seems like a waste of energy to me.

Bottom line is you shouldn't keep wearing something that constantly annoys you. If every time you look down at your Gear 2, all you can think about is how annoying that IR blaster is, you should probably return it or sell it and move on to your next life project.