Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By JacksonEdwardHarrison
  • 2 Post By lizardchest
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Volkers84's Avatar

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

    Default On the fence...

    So my return window ends tomorrow, and I'm really on the fence for this... I like the gear 2 neo, I think the possibilities ate huge for this. However I am concerned that we won't see good enough support because of s health sync and the lack of feature apps now. The latter really hacks me off. In a Twitter conversation with Runtastic, they replied that they don't have a timetable for the launch of the app... This was a featured one! What are others thinking? Is what we've seen too little too late?

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: On the fence...

    Quote Originally Posted by Volkers84 View Post
    So my return window ends tomorrow, and I'm really on the fence for this... I like the gear 2 neo, I think the possibilities ate huge for this. However I am concerned that we won't see good enough support because of s health sync and the lack of feature apps now. The latter really hacks me off. In a Twitter conversation with Runtastic, they replied that they don't have a timetable for the launch of the app... This was a featured one! What are others thinking? Is what we've seen too little too late?

    Posted via Android Central App
    You should keep it. I believe that there will be some good apps coming soon. Check the news feed here there is a new statement from Samsung.

    Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Volkers84's Avatar

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

    Default Re: On the fence...

    Quote Originally Posted by jpriest007 View Post
    You should keep it. I believe that there will be some good apps coming soon. Check the news feed here there is a new statement from Samsung.

    Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App
    News feed? I don't see a link in the app... Could you copy and paste? Thanks!

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  

    Default Re: On the fence...

    It's a tough call... you can always re-purchase in the future if things change. As of now though, the fact remains that there are very limited apps for the G2. I can imagine the devs might be more concerned with the upcoming Android wear devices. I hope I'm wrong though. I enjoy several Samsung products. Even the original GG seems to remain neglected in the app department... and that runs on Android. Reminds me of Windows phones. The day Samsung switches to Tizen for all of its devices is the day I switch companies.

    I believe this is what he's talking about:

    Samsung announces Gear App Challenge
    Samsung announces Gear App Challenge http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...-app-challenge

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  5. #5  

    Default Re: On the fence...

    Do what you want. If you want to come back then buy another one.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: On the fence...

    This comment is not directed towards the individual who started this thread or anyone else in particular. And I've told people on the forum to return their devices, no doubt. For those who the watch causes nothing but intense anxiety, they need not subject themselves to that.

    But as a former product program manager, I can tell you the cost of people returning products freely is ultimately passed onto new consumers. In other words, returns are very expensive for a company, they are painful to absorb, and they are likely to make future products expensive. This is also true for those companies selling the products.

    I just don't think people should return things for issues they could have/should have researched and identified prior to purchase. This is just my opinion and I won't engage in a debate about it because we are all grown and can make our own decisions. Do as you wish. But please think twice before you buy something, especially items that are expensive to manufacture, and use your return period as a free trial. Doing so without thought is really an abuse of the system. Doing so makes products more expensive for the rest of us. At the very least, if this is your habit, please put some thought into it before pre-ordering products prior to release. Companies promise a lot and if they don't deliver, you can rest assured this info will be online in no time.

    Please don't attack me if you disagree. Just sharing my thoughts. Thanks.
    lizardchest likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: On the fence...

    Quote Originally Posted by JacksonEdwardHarrison View Post
    This comment is not directed towards the individual who started this thread or anyone else in particular. And I've told people on the forum to return their devices, no doubt. For those who the watch causes nothing but intense anxiety, they need not subject themselves to that.

    But as a former product program manager, I can tell you the cost of people returning products freely is ultimately passed onto new consumers. In other words, returns are very expensive for a company, they are painful to absorb, and they are likely to make future products expensive. This is also true for those companies selling the products.

    I just don't think people should return things for issues they could have/should have researched and identified prior to purchase. This is just my opinion and I won't engage in a debate about it because we are all grown and can make our own decisions. Do as you wish. But please think twice before you buy something, especially items that are expensive to manufacture, and use your return period as a free trial. Doing so without thought is really an abuse of the system. Doing so makes products more expensive for the rest of us. At the very least, if this is your habit, please put some thought into it before pre-ordering products prior to release. Companies promise a lot and if they don't deliver, you can rest assured this info will be online in no time.

    Please don't attack me if you disagree. Just sharing my thoughts. Thanks.
    Well said.
  8. #8  
    pj737's Avatar

    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

    Default Re: On the fence...

    Quote Originally Posted by JacksonEdwardHarrison View Post
    This comment is not directed towards the individual who started this thread or anyone else in particular. And I've told people on the forum to return their devices, no doubt. For those who the watch causes nothing but intense anxiety, they need not subject themselves to that.

    But as a former product program manager, I can tell you the cost of people returning products freely is ultimately passed onto new consumers. In other words, returns are very expensive for a company, they are painful to absorb, and they are likely to make future products expensive. This is also true for those companies selling the products.

    I just don't think people should return things for issues they could have/should have researched and identified prior to purchase. This is just my opinion and I won't engage in a debate about it because we are all grown and can make our own decisions. Do as you wish. But please think twice before you buy something, especially items that are expensive to manufacture, and use your return period as a free trial. Doing so without thought is really an abuse of the system. Doing so makes products more expensive for the rest of us. At the very least, if this is your habit, please put some thought into it before pre-ordering products prior to release. Companies promise a lot and if they don't deliver, you can rest assured this info will be online in no time.

    Please don't attack me if you disagree. Just sharing my thoughts. Thanks.
    While I 100% disagree with your position, it's nice to see you not taking personal stabs at those posting negative realities about Samsung's Gear 2.

    While you state you don't think people should return things for issues they could have researched prior, I personally did a TON of research (and I would surmise others here complaining have done the same); prior to receiving my watch there was not a single review online anywhere that stated 1) 95% of the apps Samsung touted for the Gear are actually non-existent on the actual watch; 2) The highly marketed HRM does not work at all; 3) Caloric expenditure estimates are off by a factor of 2-5X plus or minus; 4) SAMSUNG NATIVE apps like S-Health or Fitness for Gear do not work at all with the Gear. This is a classic example of a manufacturer 1) delivering product to consumers prior to thorough testing and 2) overpromising and underdelivering. This is 100% on Samsung - not the consumer. I for one was duped by Samsung's marketing of apps for the Gear which consisted of ONLINE IMAGES AND VIDEO OF THE ACTUAL APPS ON THE GEAR 2.. Consumers like myself were left scratching our heads wondering what happened to all those apps which were clearly on the watch in the reviews? Where did they go? It's a classic bait and switch. For you to put any of this on the consumer is absurd. If you are worried about Samsung's profits, maybe you would be better served contacting them directly and telling them that the Gear 2 will hurt their multi-billion dollars in quarterly profits because of broken promises made to consumers. Or better yet, don't bash and personally insult those that try to convey that very message via forums and other internet media. I provided a comparative HRM review replete with pictures and irrefutable data proving the Gear 2's HRM does not work as Samsung has advertised and your response was literally - "you must be alone and if you aren't I feel sorry for anyone that lives with you".

    Thanks for your contribution to the forum. Now please stop with the extreme pro-Samsung bias. It's deafening.
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  

    Default Re: On the fence...

    Couldn't have said it better PJ

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  

    Default Re: On the fence...

    Here we go again, our old pal PJ.
    Same song, different tune.
    Actually, make that same song, same tune.
    Same song, same tune, different day.
    Actually, make that same song, same tune, different hour.
    Bless your heart, I don't dislike you. I actually admire you greatly for your persistence and willingness to suffer the horror of your Gear day after day. Lesser men would have returned their Gear at least 30 posts ago or so. Bravo. Keep it up PJ!
  11. #11  

    Default Re: On the fence...

    If you like it for what it is/does/has potential to do, keep it.
    If you don't like it or your issues outweigh the positives, take it back.

    Of course you are entitled to whatever opinion you have. I think people (myself included) appreciate honest user reviews. To a point. After that point you are beating a dead horse. If you are so worked up about how much a 'watch' affects your life.....
    Dude, if the watch isn't enough for you to be happy, air your greivances (they have been aired and we are all better for hearing the flaws you experienced), take it back, and move on. You'll feeling better not having settled for something that doesn't make you happy.
    I've been disappointed by products of all kinds before. I bit**ed for a bit about my issues, then put myself in a better place by no longer using the product and letting it go. When I had issues, I first looked for help and support to fix them. I would have closed a lot of doors and soured people on me if I just came in with complaints day after day, never asking for help or resolutions, just venting frustrations.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: On the fence...

    After yet another round of bugs today once I installed the 4.4.2 update for my Verizon S4 I decided I was done and dropped it off at UPS. I am bummed, but happy to have my money back ready to be spent on a more reliable Android Wear device.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: On the fence...

    Understandable and commendable. There's very little in life worth trading for your happiness, certainly not a watch. Hopefully the reliability of AW is what it should be...most likely will.
    I'm happy to be one of the first adopters and will deal with a certain amount of bugs, but everybody's threshold is different. Good luck!!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    Volkers84's Avatar

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

    Default Re: On the fence...

    I have decided to keep it. No more complaining for me. The only thing I really want for it is a running app compatibility. And I know that is in the works at least from runtastic. I was just really disappointed to not see it at launch. That's what I miss the most from my Pebble. Everything else from Gear 2 is much better than the Pebble.

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. Xposed Framework on Note 8?
    By tengwer in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-02-2014, 11:17 PM
  2. Email only working on wifi and not otherwise
    By imlisaann in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-26-2014, 11:26 AM
  3. Finger Print Scanner: On or Off?
    By bembol in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-26-2014, 11:12 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2014, 03:26 AM
  5. Disable powering on with Home button?
    By Timesgodjillion in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-23-2014, 10:23 PM

Posting Permissions