How accurate is SVoice?

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
It works 99% of the time for me. Most of the failures happen in the car if the radio is on or while the TV is on. Once while the radio was on it picked the radio dj's last name. Which is Holstein which in turn brought up a Internet search for cattle.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I would say it works probably 90-95% of the time. When it works of course it's great; when it fails it makes me crazy :)

But I do agree, I would prefer to use Google Now - it is much more accurate in my experience.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Wow, 90-90% is indeed a great success rate! For me though, I sometimes need to repeat phrases in voice texting.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
My experience has been 60%. Would like higher, what is yours?

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

I'm working at about 90% accuracy. Most times the inaccuracy is my fault because sometimes I just forget what I'm trying to say...

-via Android Central App on GWaLL's S5

collett

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Just got my Neo today, but S Voice seems pretty accurate so far. Sent several text messages and the only goof was I said "knees" and S Voice heard "sneeze." :)

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Update: have made several calls and sent several voice sms. It's been pretty accurate, I talk fast so I have to slow it down for it to pick up. But it works great for me.

Posted via Android Central App

rEVOLVE

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I wish it wasn't so laggy compared to using the phone. It's handy when you can't grab the phone as readily, but there are plenty of times it actually takes away the convenience because of the wait for it to process. Also, if you're having any connectivity issues with the phone it obviously will affect S-Voice. As they improve this, it will elevate the superiority of the watch until competitors show up with mics. I would totally contribute to a bounty to unlock the watch to use Google Now instead of S-Voice, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith